PDA

View Full Version : Wierd noise on rear suspension

kronk10
10-01-07, 02:47 PM
Hi i have all round lowering springs on my car (40mm) on standard shocks, Just recently the rear suspension has been making some horrible noises. It sound like a loud creak and squeak. I have just ordered some billstein shocks for the rear and have some front billstein shocks already waiting. I was just wondering is this noise normal in this horrible naff weather:roll: and would new shocks be much better than the standard shocks that have been on the car since newlol.
I am when money permits going to order all new polly bushes etc so in time i might have a decent handling car:thumb:

Adam
10-01-07, 02:59 PM
Its probably the lowered springs taking there toll on the std worn shocks.

Iain
10-01-07, 03:04 PM
When I put new springs/shocks on I got a few weird creaks occasionally, they seem to have ceased now though.

fastone16v
10-01-07, 04:19 PM
i had that b4 if you can for now try and sprat wd40 up into the sleeve of the shock.

kronk10
10-01-07, 05:02 PM
i had that b4 if you can for now try and sprat wd40 up into the sleeve of the shock.

I will try that for now there is anouther noise to but i know what that one is, its when you go over a speed bump at a certain speed the rear beam hits my exhaustlol. I cant wait till i get my new suspension on its not adjustable but just right for what i need, does a decent suspension help acceleration times i know it wont help a great deal. But i heard the more stiffer your suspension is the betteryou transfer power to the road, better get some decent tyres to:thumb:

draper
10-01-07, 05:08 PM
im not sure if it does help but the theory is that stiffer suspension stops the car rocking back so you get more traction on the front wheels, remember when you pulled off quick with standard suspension and it wheelies

i saw R5 in max power years ago that had a solid rear sus set up so it didnt rock backwards on launch

Philsutton
10-01-07, 05:56 PM
Yep on fwd cars you want stiff rear suspension an soft front to get the best traction, or the opposite way round for rwd cars. Down to weight distribution I would imagine as you want the weight over the front wheels in a fwd car and the rear wheels on a rwd.