PDA

View Full Version : Annoying sound.......

Anonymous
29-06-01, 12:28 AM
Im getting this sort of clicking sound coming from my fan belt kinda area, it happends about twice a second, any ideas as its getting on my nerves now, cheers

Anonymous
29-06-01, 08:17 AM
Alternator bearings?

For sale 2.0 8v nova ?2500 ono. :(

Anonymous
29-06-01, 09:58 AM
sure theres not something caught in the fan ??

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
29-06-01, 10:00 AM
me also, get it clicking pretty slowly as i pull off, then as i go faster its quieter (probably deafen by the engine) then when i do 100+ it will make a werid squeal now and again..

i can get a reconditioned alternator cheap today does it sound like thats the problem?

Anonymous
29-06-01, 10:16 AM
I got recon altenator for 30 quid from my local parts place, was my problem, but i waited til my altenator was makin more noise than something that makes loads of noise.

Anonymous
29-06-01, 01:34 PM
This might sound daft, but its not just the sound of your injectors? they make a ticking noise when the motors running.

Anonymous
29-06-01, 03:48 PM
well for mine...
1) it aint injection so thats ruled out, and this is aint a normal sound trust me...hehe

Right ill seee if i can get that alternator fitted 2morra, next up is the rasp me exaust makes :(

Anonymous
29-06-01, 11:57 PM
Ive just noticed on mine the noise gets more regular as my speed increases like anything over 5mph the sound is so fast its constant, if its the alternator bearings what are my options?

Anonymous
30-06-01, 09:49 AM
new bearings. not too hard but pointless when you can get a racon one for?30

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
30-06-01, 03:08 PM
Do as ive just done mate, take it to somewhere that can check it out and get them to check it out, the chap in wrexham put a stethescope thing on it and found out it was the water pump making weird noises

Anotherway to check the alternator is to take the fan belt off and run the car round the block, if u carry on hearing the noise then it aint the alternator