PDA

View Full Version : what red is on a B reg 1300 SR

SRlew
09-01-07, 11:00 PM
right iv buaght a 1984 red SR and need to know what shade of red it is as i need to touch up a few patches of rust, i know this has probably been asked before so sorry lol

cheers, lew

Stanley
09-01-07, 11:01 PM
Chances are its Flame Red

novacabrio
09-01-07, 11:02 PM
I'd also go flame red, maybe carmine? But I favor the flame red

SRlew
09-01-07, 11:08 PM
well my 1400 sr had a respray in flame red, and before it had a respray it looked like the same color as this b reg sr im getting.

and theres a difference in colour from what my 1400 used to look like and the flame red it is now.

i think the color of the B reg looks a bit darker tbh

novacabrio
09-01-07, 11:09 PM
check the colour plate, you can be sure what ever you paint it it wont match as it will be faided

SRlew
09-01-07, 11:13 PM
um atleast the parts i need to spray is only were the tailgate closes onto so i'll do it on that part first.

but i'll check the code when i pick the car up at tye end of the week

cheers lew

Jack
10-01-07, 12:07 AM
Here's hoping its Mexico red lol although unlikely as I've never seen an SR in that colour

As said, bear in mind the colour will be 23 years old so won't match up to some direct out-of-the-tin fresh paint.

SRlew
10-01-07, 06:22 PM
yeh good point jack lol, i might just get my dad on the case as he might be able to come up with somthing as he does it for a living.

raymond
10-01-07, 06:27 PM
did you buy it then mate he pmd me about the car but id just bought another the same night looked a clean thing

SRlew
10-01-07, 06:33 PM
yeh put my deposit on it and pick it up[ on monday hopefully. yeh for a b reg its clean, theres only a small bit on were the tailgate closes on to that needs grinding off and then just spraying. well chuffed with it

draper
10-01-07, 08:01 PM
you bought it then ?? as already said you'll have probs matching if its faded pretty bad which red normaly does lol

are you gonna put the T'40d lump in or keep it standard ??

SRlew
10-01-07, 08:24 PM
i'll speak to my dad then see if he thinks he can try and blend some color in best he can or somthing.

yeh i buaght it, well im driving it standard for a while while i put new quaters on my one etc and finish the work i need to do to it etc, then im putting the t'40'd nova on the road while i put the B reg one in the garden and do some work to it then maybe get it resprayed and put the 40'd lump in and make it mint etc. not entirely sure yet lol, but my brother wants to buy it off me already and iv not even picked it up yet lol