PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Noise. The end game

Anonymous
28-06-01, 12:56 PM
Sum of u may remember I posted a bit about a misfire/valve bounce noise prob. on my 1.6er.
Ste was quite right indentifying that it was a misfire on the inlet side as there was sum backfiring going on.
MC was also quite right in wondering if it was poss. to get valve bounce on 1 valve so that the engine could be coaxed thru the event to eventually get max revs.
On the rolling road when the noise occurred at Max Power fuel was blasted back out no.3 carb.
On taking it all apart i found no probs. with the inlet valve for this pot or its follower and hydraulic lifter. However I discovered by chance that the cam was binding at one placed when turned. I mic/d it up and it oscillates by over 8 thou.
Should be no more than 2. The effect would be exagerated at full power maybe just helping to induce the valve to bounce off its seat
Now waiting for a new cam and hopefully this will sort it. It bloody better else....X-(

Anonymous
28-06-01, 02:52 PM
that all went straight over my head but good luck anyway :) i will have to start learning all this technical stuff soon... :D

Anonymous
28-06-01, 03:44 PM
In simple person speak, "The camshaft is bent"

Thats how he had to explain it to me.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
28-06-01, 07:52 PM
ah right, i get that :D

Anonymous