PDA

View Full Version : rollin rd session

Anonymous
26-06-01, 04:49 PM
ive finaly saved the money to get my car rollin roaded i rang um earlyer and he said he cant seem to get the petrol flow on my 40's right it seems to be drawin in to much petrol hes mucked rounded wiv the jets etc but it still draws in far to much petrol any ideas wat u lot reckon it could b cheers

Anonymous
26-06-01, 06:21 PM
How much is it to go on the rolling road? i ask cos i havent p[honed my local one up yet? :-/

136BHP GTE, YEAH BABY!!!

Anonymous
26-06-01, 06:31 PM
well here its ?60 for the dyno then ?30 an hour after that easy money the bloke has still left the 32mm chokes in wat does ever1 reckon bout this do u lot still reckon it would be better with 30mm or 28mm chokes it still quick wiv 32mm chokes i can stil av my mate in his 1.9gti hahaha

Anonymous
26-06-01, 10:38 PM
I still recon 30mm chokes are best. You`ll feel the diff low down. What are you using to regulte the fuel pressure. Mine is set to 3 or 3.5 psi normally. Thats using the standard pump and a small regulator.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
27-06-01, 10:43 AM
Srick to 30mm mate thats what I had and the carbs ran lovely!

Anonymous
27-06-01, 10:45 AM
full stops is what i reckon

Anonymous
27-06-01, 01:38 PM
When you say it still "draws too much petrol" seems a bit vague too me. Thing is these carbs have several jets and ways of delivering fuel according too how much the main throttle plates are open and the flow of air through. There's the main jet, the air correction jet, the idle jet plus the accelerator pump jet. Which does he reckon are the problems? Other reasons for excessive fuel use are the float chamber needle valve being incorrectly calibrated which can allow them to overfill. U must also fit a pressure reg. as MC says as the std pump feeds fuel at 2X the necessary pressure for the carbs. I would try and get the main chokes changed as others have said.

Anonymous
27-06-01, 02:46 PM
if i took my 32 chokes out do u reckon i could use the same jets or will i av to definatly change um cause i tryed takin um out few mths back and i cant get the fuckers out there siezed in wats the best way to get um out. im not 100% sure wat the fuel pressure is at but i think its around wat ur runnin at mc

Anonymous
27-06-01, 02:52 PM
if i got a fuel regulator would i just av to put it in the fuel line then set it to say 3/3.5 like mc or would i av to get it put on the rollers again cause ive spent all my money cause if i did fit one wat would be the best way to tell wat psi to set it at eg set to a cetain psi then see how it runs and keep it on the best settin

Anonymous
27-06-01, 06:53 PM
erm i havent fitted any regulator?
i got a restrictive t pice between the carbs for the fuel return but no regulator??

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
28-06-01, 12:44 PM
Undo the trumpet and withdraw them and their holders. Sumtimes they cum out together and sometimes apart. You'll notice little leaf spring clips which locate them in the notched groove running along the inside of the barrels. These can jam and need careful jiggling to get them out but they should be reasonably loose. Once they're out the venturis can be withdrawn in the same way.
Check for the number giving the size stamped on them.
If everything is jammed take them off and soak them in WD40. They should cum out quite easily.
As 4 jet sizes I think MC has posted them up b4 and he knows wot he's talkin about so ask him.
As for fuel reg. Twin 40's are designed to operate at about 2.5 to 3 psi. Higher pressures can mean that vibration will allow the float chambers to overfill as fuel is forced past the needle valve. It is quite possible that u don't need a reg. but if u've got poor consumption etc. it can be the problem as will incorrectly set needle valves. Mine were quite sum way out.

Anonymous
28-06-01, 01:58 PM
well i spoke to sum1 at demon tweeks and he said i should be ok wiv a mechanical pump and i shouldnt need a regulator i also rang the bloke up who tuned my car and he said that it was fine so i think ill give it a miss cheers anyway

Anonymous
28-06-01, 02:23 PM
Its very difficult to get accross the reasoning behind our advice electronicaly. The best way to get to grips with this stuff is to sit down and have a good old conversation about it. Both CP and I have experience in this matter just through trial and error. We have met many times and shared information and tips, and we have pretty much cracked the whole business of twin 40`s. We have both had success, but have had teething problems along the way. In effect we have learnt from our mistakes. If your not too far away from us, we could all meet up and pass on some info and avoid the confusion that normally arises on the forum.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
28-06-01, 04:32 PM
yer no probs that would be good im from the w.mids dont know bout u 2 though

Anonymous
28-06-01, 04:33 PM
another thing i forgot to mention is that wat would u say are the best filters for 40's as i have the single socks for each trumpet by ramair also if i got smaller trumpets would it make much diff and would i av to change jets etc or is it just a bolt on jobbie cheers

Anonymous
28-06-01, 04:50 PM
Both myself and CP are running without filters. It is risky, but thats the best airflow you can get. The best filters would have to be cotton ones like K&N or Green, Jetex, JR etc etc. coz they are far less restrictive than foam ones. I`m not sure about trumpet size, but I`m sure that slight changes in length will not require new jets. The critical bit is the clearence between the end of the trumpet and the face of the filter. I think ideally it should be 35mm, but definately no less than 25mm.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\