PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
22-06-01, 12:43 PM
1.2i j reg
The biatch has broken down on me! i was driving along and all of sudden it lost all pull, put ur foot down and it would go slower! i stopped left the engine running then carried on but it just got worse and worse!
i then reved it and it goes to a certain amount of revs then sits there, it not even enough revs to do bout 20mph in first gear.
it know only goes 10mph and theres a clonking noise coming from the engine.
ne one with ne ideas on wot it could b?
cheers in advance
a VERY pissed of dan

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
22-06-01, 01:42 PM
Clonkin noise doesnt sound good!

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
22-06-01, 02:02 PM
ahhh feck!

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
22-06-01, 02:06 PM
could this be some sort of fuel problem? when i push the accelarator then theres no power - no fuel getting to whereever it has to go??
or am i clutching at straws?!

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
22-06-01, 03:07 PM
try doin a compression test

Anonymous
22-06-01, 04:25 PM
right, the barstard had no oil in it so i have filled it up (bout 2.5 litres) i have also cleaned the plugs and changed the rotor arm cause it looked shaged ne way and its still well slow :-/
am i looking at a big bill at the end of this??

ohh yeah theres also a noise coming from somewhere near the cat i think a clonking noise that happens when i pull away and when i slow down it gets louder
cheers for ur help

dan with the falling apart nova!

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
22-06-01, 07:20 PM
no iol huh??That sounds good!

STOP.............................................. .........................................CARRY ON!

Anonymous
23-06-01, 12:35 AM
if a cat starts raterling it is on its way out. my mates past his mot with one raterling theo.

Anonymous
23-06-01, 12:43 AM
My Dad had a K-reg 1.2i Nova for his Driving School....he had loads of problems with it...all with the shitty fuel injection.

A few times, it completely refused to start. Other times, it cut out, or was under-powered.....it coughed, spluttered, and was generally crap, until the dealers replaced a part in the fuel injection system.

I'll ask my Dad what part it was, and get back to ya ;)

BTW...he never had any problems with his other Novas...only the 1.2i

Anonymous
23-06-01, 12:53 AM
cats dont klonk?

maybe engine is running shit and shaking which means exhasut is moving which means its banging on floor maybe?

no oil isnt end ov the world

4 times now i have checked mine and seen nothing on the dipstick at all ;)

mines still running lol

its depnds on a lot ov things

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
23-06-01, 06:17 PM
if the engine is fucked in have one here u can have for ?10 or free if u collect it and get rid of the gear box at the same time
90k miles fsh one lady owner

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
23-06-01, 08:53 PM
right i think that its the exhaust thats rattling maybe a loose bracket thats fecked, how bad could it b or how simple could it be?
could it be fixed so that it would run for a while so i could sell it??

j reg 1.2 nova ne body?!?!

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
27-06-01, 12:37 AM
u can have my 1.2i lump or any parts for free dan its a low miler as well plus i got a cat if u need it

Anonymous
27-06-01, 10:39 PM
just chop out ya cat and put in a piece of scafalding pipe!!! job done, gain in power and no clonking!!!

Anonymous
28-06-01, 12:36 PM
cheers matt,
got the car back for all of 5 minutes and the barstard broke down again! exactly the same problem!
the cat was rattling but he took a couple of the bits from inside, out and it makes a roar!
as for taking the cat out how is it done?
dicko have u done it?
cheers

[-flash.gif-]