PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about this?

benji
09-01-07, 12:23 AM
i saw this in the paper today. anyone know anymore about it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/6239985.stm

ben.

Stoo
09-01-07, 12:25 AM
Saw it on the news! Mental!

Ash
09-01-07, 12:29 AM
all i've heard is the car split in two and the two girls died and the blokes got away, joyriding apperantly, but thats it, i did wonder if it was anyone on here, well they're car anyway. ummm, never good

Ash

bump
09-01-07, 12:30 AM
That's the first I've heard and I don't recognise the nova. Adam Moran (not seen him on here for a bit) is still down that way as is someone else on here, they may know some more.

ade
09-01-07, 12:34 AM
thats bad - looks like it just crumpled like tin foil. Must have been some impact to cause that much damage

Adam
09-01-07, 12:40 AM
Jesus christ, thats taken quite a hit :eek:

No insurance etc tho, so it shouldn't have even been on a road......

Still a shame for the people that died.

BIGS
09-01-07, 01:58 AM
I seen this about 1-2 mins after it happand. And to make things worst i knew the 17 year old girl:( . And the fact the nova should of never been on the road, I was going to buy it untill i seen the condtion of it. The girl fell out of the car when he hit the other car oncoming and it took the rear axel off and the floor pan. It must be the worst thing ive seen. but compaired to my mate as he when to do mouth to mouth and lifted her head the younger girl he relised then half of her head was missing. And she was 20 yards down the road:eek:

L14MNP
09-01-07, 03:01 AM
Fcuk me! that is a mess!

BIGS: sorry to hear that mate RIP. Your mate must be in a right state! :(

s14a
09-01-07, 03:27 AM
its horrible seein stuff like that,pity that image will stay with your mate for the rest of his life,it will with me anyway
i hope the driver get what he deserves
rip

draper
09-01-07, 08:24 AM
i read a small bit in the sun about, apparently it failed to stop but the police are saying they didnt give chase ???

Jack
09-01-07, 09:40 AM
i read a small bit in the sun about, apparently it failed to stop but the police are saying they didnt give chase ???
I didn't think people read the Sun, they just looked at the pictures lol

Saw this on the local news. Pictures of the car looked pretty mashed :(

I thought Police were trained not to give chase anyway? As it makes the target drive faster and more recklessly. Probably due to people sueing the police when chased cars crash :roll:

wisewood
09-01-07, 09:47 AM
Yeah in most cases the police don't give chase anymore, they just keep track of where the car is heading. Giving chase distracts the driver and causes them to drive faster, with less attention on the road - endangering more lives of other road users and pedestrians.

Terrible when stuff like this happens! and its made all-the-worse for the fact that its rarely ever the driver who gets hurt.

draper
09-01-07, 09:48 AM
but wre would police camera action and road wars be without video footage of chavs trying to outrun undercover scoobys/saabs in metros, then crying when they get caught lol

bloody hell if i knew coppers werent allowed to chase id of carried on driving when i was banned lol

i wouldnt really, im a pilla of soceity now - honest

draper
09-01-07, 09:49 AM
Terrible when stuff like this happens! and its made all-the-worse for the fact that its rarely ever the driver who gets hurt.

and not realy punished, if he does go to prison he given education and/or training for a job and even help finding a job when he gets out while normal law-abiding folk who have fallen on hard times get funk all from this government

but thats a whole other thread lol

Adam Moran
09-01-07, 09:49 AM
That looks awfull

I no longer live down in Plymouth.

Cars are dangerous machines.... only when you learn to respect life will this stop happening but accidents will always happen (not saying this was an accident)

SRlew
09-01-07, 10:12 AM
thats well bad!

i got worried when i seen it was in devon, hoping it wasnt someone i knew. but its still a terrible thing.

Jack
09-01-07, 11:29 AM
Always seems to be innocent bystanders or other traffic which catches the worst of it :(

BIGS
09-01-07, 03:11 PM

That there is a load of bull. I was in a petrol station when the lad went past us and a police car was about 20 secs if that behinde him. And before some one says thats a good distance away he was trying to get closer but couldnt. It was to slow compaired to the nova. Well the guy has been sentanced dont know what he has got because they are going to give him more. Ill keep you updated. L14MNP Yea my mate is, he hasent sleeped much at all. Just hope this is a lesson to all the prats out there next time they think about going fast or not getting insured etc.

draper
09-01-07, 03:13 PM
i thought it was bull aswell, cant begin to imagine what your mates going thru buddy

probably more than the driver !!

wisewood
09-01-07, 03:17 PM
...before some one says thats a good distance away he was trying to get closer but couldnt. It was to slow compaired to the nova...

So what was the nova running? and what was the police car??

to be giving chase to try and catch up, and be 20 seconds behind, that police car was either a 1980's Panda car, or the nova was running some serious power to be getting away.

Also, if there was apolice car 20 seconds behind the nova, and you arrive on the scene two minutes later, whats your mate doing trying to revive the dead girl? by then the police car would have arrived and blocked the road from oncoming traffic, surely ?

draper
09-01-07, 03:19 PM
or if the normal panda car has done a u-turn by which time the nova could be doing 70-80mph even more

BIGS
09-01-07, 03:39 PM
So what was the nova running? and what was the police car??

to be giving chase to try and catch up, and be 20 seconds behind, that police car was either a 1980's Panda car, or the nova was running some serious power to be getting away.

Also, if there was apolice car 20 seconds behind the nova, and you arrive on the scene two minutes later, whats your mate doing trying to revive the dead girl? by then the police car would have arrived and blocked the road from oncoming traffic, surely ?

It was a focus and the nova was a 1.8 with a few mods and the back striped out with a roll cage. Yes roll cage and it still looks like thats:eek: And as my mate was the first person to the girl he decided to do mouth to mouth. Dont forget. their was two girls in the road and two coppers. They cant be in more then one place at a time.

draper
09-01-07, 03:43 PM
the roll cage prob caused the 2 girls to die then imho, a reason if any was already needed that you shouldnt run rear seats and a cage

ANDYRACER
09-01-07, 03:49 PM
Hang on is that the sr with the 1.8 lump that was on ebay recently? :confused:

BIGS
09-01-07, 03:52 PM
Dont know more then likely its been on there a few times. And it didnt have any back seats just the cage.

BIGS
09-01-07, 03:53 PM
oh it was an sr tho. 1.3 and still loged as it aswell

draper
09-01-07, 03:54 PM
And it didnt have any back seats just the cage.

:eek: 4 up in a car with only 2 seats :eek:

how funking stoopid are some people, adds more ammo to the chav tag already worn by novas

L14MNP
09-01-07, 03:54 PM
So, how many were in it again?

It clearly only had 2 seats :(

NVM - just seen Drapers post

Yeah everyone in that car must have been an idiot then tbh :(

BIGS
09-01-07, 04:06 PM
yep they were it was four pepole in the car. And the girls should of known better to get in it. It makes us lot look worst every time something like this happens

wisewood
09-01-07, 04:10 PM
THIS is the only way to make the roads safe.

http://www.sinclairc5.com/Cover1.jpg

BIGS
09-01-07, 04:12 PM
lol good one

Nobby
09-01-07, 04:26 PM
fukin awfull that is saw in in the paper on sunday. Some pricks i dont think have a moral in life but its us the normal paying taxs insurance etc who have to be punished for it RIP the girls :(

matthew172
09-01-07, 04:40 PM
is the tailgate for sale?

wisewood
09-01-07, 04:41 PM
lol matt thats a bit errrrr... soon.

BIGS
09-01-07, 04:44 PM
is the tailgate for sale?

Na already asked and its bent at the top.

stuartp
09-01-07, 05:10 PM
thats horrible!! RIP

nov4801
09-01-07, 05:19 PM
R.I.P hope the lad gets what he deserves

lee coley
09-01-07, 05:32 PM
What the **** is a 17 year old lad doing driving around with a 13 year old in a car with no seats?Dick head.

Lee
09-01-07, 05:40 PM
THIS is the only way to make the roads safe.

http://www.sinclairc5.com/Cover1.jpg

Deathtraps! lol

NOV4_SPORT
09-01-07, 05:47 PM
R I P girls, i hope the driver gets what he deserves, my sympathys to the familys, and your mate, who tried cpr.

JSeymour
09-01-07, 07:03 PM
I feel sorry for the parents of the 2 girls.

have to find out what rollcage he had so i never get one.

Jack
09-01-07, 07:32 PM
more ammo to the chav tag already worn by novas
More ammo to the insurance companies as well to not insure engine conversions, even if it wasn't covered :(

womble sri
09-01-07, 07:40 PM
Awful that is. 13 years young as well. hope he get what he deserves for driving like a tool with minors in the car. R.I.P

mowgli
09-01-07, 08:40 PM
he will probably get max 18 months, so 9 months less remand time, or he will get some sort of community based thing. Then someone with some sense of decency will meet him down a dark alley & give him a good hiding & get 5 years for gbh.
The trouble is that this isn't some new 'chav' thing, Twenty years ago when I was still at school, there were 3 multiple fatality single car vs. scenery crashes within weeks of each other each one involved people I knew. they were ordinary cars

Adam
10-01-07, 12:59 AM
Sentence is more likely to be at least 5years i'd say.
Death by dangerous driving is a sentence of up to 5years iirc.

Without them taking into account kids in the car, no insurance etc etc, not stopping for police.

draper
10-01-07, 01:07 AM
Without them taking into account kids in the car, no insurance etc etc, not stopping for police.

but they tend to forget all that stuff and just go for 1 big conviction, when i got done drink-driving in 2000 i was charged with drink-driving, aggrevated vehicle taking, no insurance - i only got convicted of drink-driving

Adam
10-01-07, 01:18 AM
Looks like he's already been charged.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/6242773.stm

wisewood
10-01-07, 08:33 AM
The family of a Plymouth girl who died in a car crash has said it bears no ill feelings toward the teenager charged with causing her death.

Yeah right.

Also note from that ...

17-year-old boy has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving.
The defendant, who cannot be named, was also charged with driving without insurance and while disqualified.

So at 17 years old he has already been disqualified from driving, sounds like a top class c*nt that boy. I hope he enjoys the showers.

Jack
10-01-07, 08:42 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't even have a license!

So the parents have "no ill feelings" towards some little scrote who shouldn't have even been behind the wheel of a car, broke the law multiple times with complete disregard for everyone, and ended up killing their daughter? And they have no ill feelings towards him? Wow. Parenting at its best.

wisewood
10-01-07, 08:44 AM
" we have no ill feeling ... the government paid us plenty of compensation ... "

Novadave06
10-01-07, 10:43 AM
dont hate me anyone please but it sounds to me like the *citrion* and nova were racing but i am most likley wrong ! its such ashame when ppl die in car crashes ! lets hope we can all learn from this !!!

EUROTURBO
10-01-07, 12:57 PM
RIP thats well bad

BIGS
11-01-07, 02:15 PM
dont hate me anyone please but it sounds to me like the *citrion* and nova were racing but i am most likley wrong ! its such ashame when ppl die in car crashes ! lets hope we can all learn from this !!!

They wernt racing the nova hit the curb went in the air and hit the citroen oncoming.

James P
11-01-07, 04:59 PM
that is so bad! i hope the 17 year old boy get dun over big time!:mad: