PDA

View Full Version : Rear Arches

Nobby
08-01-07, 11:17 PM
:thumb: I know this has been asked before but ive got 14s on my car lowered 60mm but im hoping to put some 15s or 16s on her. Now i know all this bollox about the lip (well most lol) but when people say grind back the lip is this the best way to do it? As the bodyshop where i had my new arches fitted and resprayed have a air tool thats a cutting disc. Will this be better to use?? or?? cheers

draper
08-01-07, 11:19 PM
im not sure wether this should be in mechanical or styling ????? either way not in general

Nobby
08-01-07, 11:20 PM
Sorry mate didnt know which to put it in (admin move if you want lol) any help though kidda??

craig green
09-01-07, 12:04 PM
that'll be fine, though the preferred way to maintain strength in the rear quarter panels is to fold the lip up rather than hack away the metal.

A peice of paper is stronger with a fold, same principle applies here.

Novadave06
09-01-07, 02:23 PM
well if you get speedlines or softstars which would be maded for a vauxhall they shouldnt rub and you shouldnt need to cut away at your archs pal

L14MNP
09-01-07, 02:26 PM
well if you get speedlines or softstars which would be maded for a vauxhall they shouldnt rub and you shouldnt need to cut away at your archs pal

Incorrect! The guy with the GTE rep who just fitted 16" Sofstars had to trim 1.5mm from his rear lips - or you could just be a pikey and let them wear away lol

Adam
09-01-07, 02:31 PM
Both speedlines and softstars need arch mods as there too big for a nova.
The max straight on fit(no mods) is usually Vauxhall 15s(et49, 6J)

Ste L
09-01-07, 03:02 PM
Both speedlines and softstars need arch mods as there too big for a nova.
The max straight on fit(no mods) is usually Vauxhall 15s(et49, 6J)

you can sometimes get away with no mod's with speedlines or softstars...
all depends on the shell,

i know people who have had to mod arches to fit vauxhall 15's, and other that haven't had to, to fit 16's speedlines

bigbened
09-01-07, 04:41 PM
ive had to have most of my arch rolled to get casearos on with 60 mm drop and 45 profile