PDA

View Full Version : Turbo!!!!

Anonymous
26-06-01, 03:35 AM
Ok i'm in one of my stupid modes and was wondering if a DIY Turbo could be made for my SRi cause i saw a very nice green SRi 8v with one on and it sounded mint. What parts would i need for this as courtenay charge a fortune (?3000). I ain't going to do this for a year or so though so but if i know what i need i can look out for the bits. How much am i looking to pay for it and any info at all would be helpful.
Mingle

Novaload Day in court coming soon :)

Anonymous
26-06-01, 09:40 PM
about ?150 for a good dyson!! lol. it has been done on some car in the world coz it was in the news and everything lmao

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
27-06-01, 03:41 PM
I was thinking about getting a tube going to carbs, and then connecting the tube to a radiator fan (or 2) and having a switch inside the car, so when i need more air input, the fans come on, and pushes air in... Those radiator fans sure do turn...

dont see why it shouldnt work!

Anonymous
27-06-01, 06:46 PM
ist that the idea behind them turbozets?

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
27-06-01, 07:24 PM
Regal did an electronic turbo, then stopped selling it so they must have been shit!

Anonymous
27-06-01, 08:10 PM
alrite m8

ive got a copy of CCC which has got a 1.2 sprint car which was turboed. he did it using a R5 GTT carb and turbo. dont much else but i will find the mag a let you know m8

cheers

danny