PDA

View Full Version : In Car footage

_JH_
08-01-07, 04:02 PM
Having watched the awesome vids in BottleThroddy's sig (especially the one with the noble where the nova cuts through the pack all the way along) I'm thinking it would be fun to set one up in the grasser.

I only started racing last year, and I'm not exactly good yet so there'll be plenty of cars in view :D

What do people usually use? I'm thinking cheap 2nd hand digicam on rubber mounts, then transfer the footage to the PC. (it's dusty and likely to be smashed, hence the older style camera option)

Can anyone shed any light or experience? or tell me that I am way off the mark maybe lol

thanks

puss puss
08-01-07, 04:12 PM
get mate to hold it or ya fone :P

but yer rubber mountings or sutten

draper
08-01-07, 04:14 PM
he goes grass track racing, pretty sure your not allowed people or phones in your race car lol

id go with what youve said, try it at the first meeting/race/whatever there called and see how it goes

craig green
08-01-07, 04:16 PM
Wedge a cam into the passenger seat headrest.... do you have a passenger seat?

Best option is one of those lil bullet shape cameras. Least likely to suffer damage compared to a regular/heavyish cam.

puss puss
08-01-07, 04:32 PM
lol o yer soz didnt read that bit :D...

John
08-01-07, 05:08 PM
get mate to hold it or ya fone :P

but yer rubber mountings or sutten

EH??????????? :confused: :confused: Txt/chav translator required!lol

Dar
08-01-07, 05:48 PM
If I where you I would get a bullet cam. Then you can put the main camera away in the car somewhere, where it wont get damaged. My dad used to run a class 5 mini many years ago and from memory it got uber muddy! so a small bullet cam is less likely to get hit with mud as well. I would be really intrested to see the footage. I haven't been to a race for a long while.

LUV2XLR8
08-01-07, 07:13 PM
im useing one of those clamps that hold security fencing together, fitted to my diagonal, then makeing a staright bar for my mates digi cam, dont want to smash it, its worth ?700 :S

benji
09-01-07, 12:16 AM
i use a tripod/table clamp from jessops. cost me ?10 have a look on their website

Stoo
09-01-07, 12:21 AM
EH??????????? :confused: :confused: Txt/chav translator required!lol

Get your friend to hold your camera or record it on your phone

Other than that i suggest rubber mountings or similar!!

_JH_
09-01-07, 09:57 AM
Best option is one of those lil bullet shape cameras.

If I where you I would get a bullet cam. Then you can put the main camera away in the car somewhere, where it wont get damaged. My dad used to run a class 5 mini many years ago and from memory it got uber muddy! so a small bullet cam is less likely to get hit with mud as well. I would be really intrested to see the footage. I haven't been to a race for a long while.

That would make sense, I could fit the camera in between the battery box and bulkhead:

http://www.raleighburner.com/nova/15.JPG

It has stayed mud free so far when racing, but I could even get a small aluminium box for it to live in.

never seen a bullet camera so before I go googling, where's a good place to get one? :thumb:

draper
09-01-07, 09:58 AM
www.maplin.co.uk (http://www.maplin.co.uk)