PDA

View Full Version : Help fitting gsi spoiler

kronk10
08-01-07, 12:56 PM
Right i have a bit of a dilema i have a gsi spoiler on my sr and its fecked. So i bought one off ebay for uber cheap money (?1.50lol) anyway i did not look at the screws on the back of the new spoiler before i got it sprayed. And hey presto the spoiler came with no fecking screws heres a pic of the old spoiler wich has the right fixing screws
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/jonboy100/DSCF1405.jpg
Now is there a way of fitting the spoiler on without screws and how, i was thinking of a really strong glue any ideas:confused:

Adam
08-01-07, 01:00 PM
You could try glue, i doubt it would hold it for long tho.
There quite heavy for what they are.

Can't you just get the one thats already fitted re-sprayed?

kronk10
08-01-07, 01:08 PM
You could try glue, i doubt it would hold it for long tho.
There quite heavy for what they are.

Can't you just get the one thats already fitted re-sprayed?

Nah when i first got the car i noticed that someone had tryed to nick the spoiler or thats waht it lloks like. The corner of the spoiler has been forced up and is crackedwarper the spoiler plus its now moldy. Its looking like i will have to buy anouther spoiler with all the fittings in white:cry: but i paid 40quid to get the new one sprayed up:cry:

kronk10
08-01-07, 01:21 PM
Being a tool i didnt see the ''how to fit a gsi spoiler thread'' so it looks like iam gonna have to find a gsi spoiler in glaciar white. I hope i can i wanna get car done for show season i am getting my bumpers sprayed up a nice dark grey for about 100 quid so iam very happy except for the spoiler:mad:

Just looked on ebay no spoilers in white and someone wanted 20 quid postage and anouther was 44 quid brand new. But it looked like a copy

Adam
08-01-07, 01:28 PM
Yeah they are probably fibreglass copies.

Its not often you see them for sale in mint white condition, they most of the time need respraying.

You wont need the how to thread, as you can just unbolt yours off and bolt a new one on.

kronk10
08-01-07, 01:46 PM
Yeah they are probably fibreglass copies.

Its not often you see them for sale in mint white condition, they most of the time need respraying.

You wont need the how to thread, as you can just unbolt yours off and bolt a new one on.

I think i will put up a wanted thread in the sale section, but doubt i will get one in the original glaciar white but you never know. And the how to thread was good because i now know i aint gonna stick it onlol