PDA

View Full Version : Indicator feed??

Spudly
07-01-07, 01:50 PM
Quick question are the indicators on a vauxhall 12+ or negative- switched? id guess at neg but not sure pls help??

Adam
07-01-07, 04:20 PM
Pretty sure there switched to earth.
Neg switched..

bump
07-01-07, 04:35 PM
What's the problem in relation to? Fitting LED indicators?

Spudly
07-01-07, 05:39 PM
Its for the indicator flash from an alarm ive been fitting in the dark and in the rain:cry: lol, there is an output for each side ie:- to flash both sides when arming and dis-arming, and the instructions say to connect a third wire, either to the provided connector on the main pos(+) feed on 12v+ indicators or to remove the connector and earth it for neg(-) switched ones, ive tried the ground setup but they dont flash, checked all my wiring and im guessing i should have it the other way round???

bump
07-01-07, 05:52 PM
MK1 or MK2?

If it's a MK2 then make your connections for neg switched at the hazzard switch. For a MK1 then at the stalk is the best option, again in neg switched.

mikey14sr
07-01-07, 07:29 PM
Most alarms Ive come across have wire for each side, ive allways connected positive output to the black/green and black/white at the stalk.

Spudly
08-01-07, 12:01 AM
Cheers for all ideas peeps i jus took the wire my instructions told me to earth (which i ha earthed) and fed it to the live (the other way round it could have gone) and now all makin flashies as it should lol, jus gotta set up me dual zone proxy now, ooh my neighbours are gonna love me hehehe!!