PDA

View Full Version : gear linkage + wiring

Anonymous
21-06-01, 07:43 PM
Finally, I have got the 16v lump sitting in the engine bay. Problem is, I can't see where I have to cut and re-weld the linkage. Could anyone supply some piccies of where to cut?

Also, I'm running twin webbers and the ignition system uses a dis-pac. I know that I will need to get a throttle position sensor (but where from?) but does anyone have any wiring diagrams for this ignition system. Do I need to split wire up all of the sensors (i.e temp sensor - so I get a reading on the dash and the ECU will know whats goin on)?

Any help would be greatly appriciated as I want the car running for USC!!!

Anonymous
23-06-01, 06:07 PM
no need to cut it just swivel the white nylon bit round on the gearbox side of the selector
as for the sensors the nova ones will just fit on apart from the coolant temp which is at the front of the engine
the ecu??? u won't have one with webbers

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
23-06-01, 06:58 PM
The ignition will run off of the ecu as it uses a dis-pac (no coil or distibutor). It is basically the distributorless ignition sold by SBD but it was standard on the M reg cav which the engine came from.

Cheers for the help though.

Anonymous
24-06-01, 06:24 PM
err explain??
ur gonna keep the ecu and add twin 45s?

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
24-06-01, 09:25 PM
There is no distributor on the engine. Just a camshaft position sensor (I think), a crankshaft position sensor and there needs to be a throttle position sensor (normally situated by the throttle body when injection is used).

The info from these sensors will tell the ecu when the spark is needed and the dispac produces the spark (no king lead or coil is used).

So I need to get the throttle position sensor that will be compatable on the webbers, but I don't know how to wire it!!

Anonymous
24-06-01, 10:56 PM
I'm lost!

I've seen them running webbers but they have a dizzy which is dead easy to wire up....

I'm still lost..try SBD!