PDA

View Full Version : 2ltr 16 v engine mounts

Anonymous
22-06-01, 12:18 AM
STe or someone are the carquip mounts the same as the tas ones? And if so i do not have to arse around lowering the osf engine mount on the chassis leg do i? Do the engine mount kits include everything i need to mount the engine in the car? I have courtney ones but the lower the engine mount on the chassis leg and i do not see the piont arseing around doing that when i can buy engine mounts that do it for me! Thanks Rick

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Anonymous
22-06-01, 03:05 PM
I just put one in mine on wednesday (not wired up though!).

I used the carquip mounts which included the drivers side mount and three spacers for the gearbox mount in the middle.

I had to cut away the chassis leg for the alternator (and re-weld it) and I had to elongate the hole on the middle mount so that the bolt aligned up with the hole on the rubber part of the maount.

Anonymous
22-06-01, 09:41 PM
You will have to mod the chassis leg no matter what you do. But save yourself hassle and get the TAS Competition mounts 'cause I eat the front driverside rubbers every couple of weeks....

Anonymous
23-06-01, 06:04 PM
i've done over 17k on all std mounts it's fine aslong as u have the gearbox mount spacers so it don't stress the drivers side rubber

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
23-06-01, 11:41 PM
Ihave the carquip kit with spacers blah,blah and I kill em

You must drive like a poof ;)

Anonymous
24-06-01, 04:23 PM
hahahahaha he does!

Anonymous
24-06-01, 06:22 PM
yeh right ian i don't see u doing jumps and stuff in urs
p.s. my drivers side mount the two metals are touching and the rubber is squashed nicely

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---