PDA

View Full Version : fitting speedline alesio's

white2lSR
06-01-07, 06:56 PM
im thinking about fitting some speedlines. the car is lowered 50-60 mm and it has had new back arches. the question is, are they likely to catch? i dont really want to do any mods so if they are going to catch ill get some 15" compomotive mo's instead.
any help appreciated.:thumb:

craig green
06-01-07, 08:15 PM
Shouldnt do. Most replacement arches Ive seen fitted give more clearance than std anyway.

Cant beleive you would pick wheels over shaving a couple mm of arch metal.

white2lSR
06-01-07, 08:34 PM
dont want to do anything to the arches. as soon as you do the rust will set in and your knackered! that has been the death of most novas. when you have one as clean and origional as mine you dont want it to rot!

Lee
06-01-07, 10:15 PM
it has had new back arches.

when you have one as clean and origional as mine you dont want it to rot!

Erm lol

Nova arches rot because they are a sh1t trap, not because theyve all been grinded! If you do it properly, by grinding most of the lip off, your actually creating less of a crap trap, and as long as you make sure any bare metal you uncover is properly sealed, youll have no probs!

Its going to rot eventually anyway, so put the wheels on that you want and enjoy it while its in one piece!

R1CH
07-01-07, 01:09 AM
Fronts won't be a problem and at the most you might have to chop (grind) a little off the arch lip, i had to chop mine back to the spot welds just to give that extra few mm clearence, but as BT says if you do it propperly and seal it back up, it isn't a problem !!

Rich

s14a
07-01-07, 10:55 PM
why not just fold the lip back and roll the arch instead of cutting??
done that on mine and with 17in alloys lowerd with 2 in the back it still dont catch

Martin
07-01-07, 10:59 PM
yea but.. if not sealed there wil still be gaps for water/road salt/**** to get in and it will sit in the foled back lip and yep you guesd it, it will rot..