PDA

View Full Version : help!!!calibra leathers into nova HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReeceH
06-01-07, 06:02 PM
got both seats,nova and calibra seats in me room now ready. what do i need to do to get the leathers in my nova?
is it just a case of changing the subfrmaes over and welding them on or what?

urgent help please,anyone help??? be much appreciated

Lucky Luke!
06-01-07, 06:28 PM
Depends how easy you want it to be, you can do it without welding bolting or drilling. What spec nova seats are they?

R1CH
06-01-07, 06:31 PM
PM SRimon, he had the fronts fitted & also used the leather off the rear seats to retrim the Nova rear seats.
Can't be that hard tho ? i'd say your gonna need the sliding subframes (SR / GTE / GSi) then mod them to fit the calibra seats.

Rich

MOL
07-01-07, 01:50 AM
Ive never tried myself, but I always thought the fronts pretty much fit straight in without too much hasstle.
But the rear bench is too long/wide. I know a couple of people who have cut it to size (decent job of it lol).. And other people who have taken the leather off the rear seat and fitted it properly over the top of their nova bench.

ReeceH
07-01-07, 11:47 AM
had a good look at them and used the old ticker and basically came up with....
remove the bottom part of the subframe (runners,winders) so you have a flat metal subframe on the bottom of the seat.
then remove the whole subframe from the nova seat and weld it onto the bottom of the calibra seat.
so far all has went good lol just gonna fit the seats today see if there some good ****!
oh and its going in a novavan so i dont have to worry about the rear bench lol

Nazza's Nova
09-01-07, 12:09 AM
ive done this mate and all i done was got my old Sr seats and disconnected the bottom half from the back rest, did the same with the calibra seats, took the cloth and foam of the sr bottom half so i was left with a metal frame, done the same with calibra seats again, and then fitted the leather&foam onto my nova frame and simple just bolted it bk onto the calibra back rest NO WELDING required.

For the back seats u must have a solid bench and 60/40 split seats i never did any cuttin, i un hooked the cloth off the nova bench so i was left with the frame same procedure for calibra bench swap it all over leather and foam onto nova frame and pull it in really tight when hookin it bk on and jobs a good one ill get pics up 2morra asap

Lucky Luke!
09-01-07, 01:09 AM
I used the same method as Nazza, well easy, did the Sr seats have the rods that go up into the bolsters?

Ste L
09-01-07, 02:58 PM
PM SRimon, he had the fronts fitted & also used the leather off the rear seats to retrim the Nova rear seats.
Can't be that hard tho ? i'd say your gonna need the sliding subframes (SR / GTE / GSi) then mod them to fit the calibra seats.

Rich

if the subframes are anything like corsa subframes, im sure they are the same, they should bolt straight onto the cali seats...

i know corsa one's do

Nazza's Nova
09-01-07, 03:53 PM
yeah lucky luke they did have the rods that went up into the bolsters, its much easier to swap it all about than weldin

corsa and cali seat subframes are the same and totally different to nova subframes

Lucky Luke!
09-01-07, 05:23 PM
i thought they might, i used poverty spec nova seats and welded the rods on