PDA

View Full Version : regal phase one kit

doug_sri
06-01-07, 04:29 PM
Had this fitted but the car wouldnt start, no spark. If i put the chips in without the switch unit thing the car starts so guessing there is a problem with the switch unit. Anyone got any suggestions. Already emailed regal but not had a reply yet. Anyone know of any way to test the switch?

Philsutton
06-01-07, 09:53 PM
How is the switch part fitted to it, is it connected to one of the chips? is so its more than likely that chip that isnt working. It does happen form time to time, only thing I can suggest is send it back and get them to check it / send you one out that works.

doug_sri
07-01-07, 12:06 AM
the chip plugs into the power switch, then the power switch plugs into the ecu in the place where the original standard chip comes from. I think the chip is alright as I have driven the car with the phase one chips in and it was fine although not boosting above 5psi (worn actuator). Its only when the power switch is in place that there is no spark. I bought the kit second hand so will be asking for a refund once i check it again but im offshore just now