PDA

View Full Version : 60mm Jamex suspension kit?

GTE TURBZ
05-01-07, 09:28 PM
Guys in need some advise, im looking to drop my mota 60mm, budget of around 200 squids, im thinking of going for the jamex brand, non adjustables, seen some on net for 220, but think if i shop around should get em for about 200.

What you think, is it ok or a better alternative. i dont wanna go for the cheapest (Gmax)or the dearest???????????????:roll:

mikey14sr
07-01-07, 12:18 PM
I've got the -40mm jamex kit on mine, I like the feel of it, noticebly stiffer around town, but out on country roads at good speeds the ride feels almost standard. My kit only cost ?170 from on-line autosport, 2 years ago. Also felt good on elvington airfield, but could do with being a bit stiffer for regular track use.

Philsutton
07-01-07, 12:32 PM
well tbh the bilstein budget kits are about 190ish i think but they dont tend to lower by much.

craig green
07-01-07, 01:07 PM
The budget Bilstein (streetline) is utter gash. All of mine went in the bin yrs ago. The springs are Pi anyway.

Ive got/had Jamex -60mm on my old 1.2 & I thought that was utter rubbish too. Very soft & bouncy. The ride & handling was awfull on anything but perect tarmac.

I would advise AVO/de-carbon regular shock & spring set or buy decent Eibach low line springs & get some quality dampers either 2nd hand or as & when you can afford it.

Putting up with awfull handling is just a no-no as far as I'm concerned.

I'd rather walk!

GTE TURBZ
08-01-07, 11:35 AM
I've got the -40mm jamex kit on mine, I like the feel of it, noticebly stiffer around town, but out on country roads at good speeds the ride feels almost standard. My kit only cost ?170 from on-line autosport, 2 years ago. Also felt good on elvington airfield, but could do with being a bit stiffer for regular track use.

the car probably will never see a track!!!

i really appreciate your help however this is based on everyones individual experience, wouldnt it be great if there was a website that take the make/model of your car and usage and then recommends a suspension (brand and setup),

well the last nova i had was dropped 60mm the owner sed it was a jamex setup, and the ride was not too bad thus thinking of getting the same.

mikey14sr
08-01-07, 01:21 PM
Forgot to add that mine is also polybushed up at the front and has new top-mount rubbers, bottom ball-joints and track-ro ends and steering rack, only the wheel bearings havn't been replaced yet.