PDA

View Full Version : roll cages????? help

James P
05-01-07, 07:29 PM
ive just put a 2ltr 16v in my nova and want a roll cage, just have a few questions...

are they heavy?

!whats the cheapist place to ge 1 from?! does anyone know any websites?

and should i get a half cage or full cage..

thanx

LUV2XLR8
05-01-07, 07:40 PM
if i were you id get a full cage mate, safer and makes the shell stronger ;) plenty of places to get a cage, second hand would be your best bet, ebay, on here and rallyusedparts.co.uk also try your local rally preping place. i bought mine for ?300 omp 6 point cage with diagonal and dor bars. they wont be that heavy either, if youve got a red top you probably not notice the wieght difference

Iain
05-01-07, 07:50 PM
A 6pt roll cage is around 25kg according to unreliable sources on the Internet.

tom reid
05-01-07, 08:00 PM
If you are serious about fitting a cage, do it only once and do it right.
A bolt in cage is fine and dandy, it will add extra weight to your car, it will also increase your insurance.
If you weld it in, it will greatly increase the structural rigidity of your vehicle and it is less likely to move into the seat area in the event of a bad smash, it could even save your life. It will take longer to install and cost a little more money, but what price do you put on your life!

James P
05-01-07, 09:10 PM
yer i still cant find any cheap cages tho. thanx for the advice about the weld in 1.

Mazz
05-01-07, 10:13 PM
Just a single hoop will double the strengh of the roof, so anything is better than nothing..
Just make sure you get one to suit your car, ie. sun-roof or non sun-roof as the are different.