PDA

View Full Version : 2ltr 16v all mods lissed

James P
05-01-07, 04:52 PM
yer im well happy because ive just got insured on my 2ltr 16v nova

im 19 with 1 years no claims, cost me ?1100.50p theard party fire and theft.

its lowered 100m wiv window tints, resprayed, allows non standard, and engine mods, !bigger brackes allways good to say!

dont tell them you have an aftermarket exhaust, they wanted an extra ?300 because i said i had a big exhaust.. if you crash all you've gotta do is rip it off...:D

LIVERPOOL VICTORIA.....!

Stoo
05-01-07, 06:20 PM
Im not being funny mate, but what was the car to start with?? SR, SRi??

Itll be insured as that mate, NOT a 2.0 16v

Liv Vic dont do Conversions, they USED to but dont any more!!!

I used to be with them until they stopped doing conversions

Jack
05-01-07, 07:22 PM
dont tell them you have an aftermarket exhaust, they wanted an extra ?300 because i said i had a big exhaust.. if you crash all you've gotta do is rip it off...:D
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/Misc/gayhat.jpg

Meh, but then with LV if you get a bad quote, just ring back 10 mins later and you get a different quote lol

draper
05-01-07, 07:23 PM
^^ i found that lol

Novadave06
05-01-07, 08:51 PM
no 19yr old with 1years no claims is getting insured on a 2lr 16v for under ?1200 noway

Adam
05-01-07, 08:58 PM
LV dont cover mods.

They used to cover a XE engine under there ANY mod allowed policy, but then they saw the light and started realising that a 2L 16v engine in a nova kind of increases its speed,Lol.

chimp007_uk
05-01-07, 09:04 PM
lol

EUROTURBO
06-01-07, 01:38 AM
would be cool and al xe nova owners would go there....but no cigar...i dont think so sonny jim bob.....!!!

Rx Jamie
08-01-07, 07:18 PM
usually if you have a calibra 16v engine in a nova. they will put the nova in the same bracket as the calibra. so the advice i was given is to say the engine is from the lowest bracket vauxhall that uses a redtop. should save a few quid.

Stoo
08-01-07, 07:21 PM
Wont save any amount of quid cos they dont do conversions anymore!

Jack
08-01-07, 07:52 PM
HIC just quoted me ?522 with every single itty bitty possible little mod listed... without using my NCB either :D

But don't insure with them, because if don't declare stuff it'll put my policy up when you crash lol

Rx Jamie
08-01-07, 09:20 PM
Wont save any amount of quid cos they dont do conversions anymore!

i just meant insurance companies in general.

but yeah quite right lol

James P
08-01-07, 11:27 PM
mine regestered as a 2ltr 16v on the log book. and i defently said to them, "ive done an engine conversion and its now a 2ltr 16v" they still quoted me the same price. y would i lie!

Stoo
08-01-07, 11:50 PM
Im not calling you a liar, im saying LV have prob got it wrong!
When they quoted me, my insurance docs came thru as 1.3 SR even though id told them it was a 2.0 16v. I rang them up and they changed it and my premium doubled!!!

The fact remains, LV dont do conversions anymore, so its prob not insured as a 2.0 16v!! They probably have it as what ever it was origionally, I.e 1.3 or 1.4 etc

Jack
08-01-07, 11:59 PM
Because of that? lol

Be interesting to see if they have insured it as an XE though - I'm sure I remember some members with conversions who were insured with them being told their cover could not be renewed.

Having said that, I've just been on their website and got a quote on the Nova. Nowhere does it say they don't insure engine conversions... and in their online quotation system it says "Engine modifications (excluding nitrous oxide)". I'd say a replacement engine could constitute an "engine modification" lol

Still, it was twice the price of HIC's quote, and that specifically mentioned an XE.

Rx Jamie
09-01-07, 01:47 PM
just ring them back up, and ask them if your phone call is being recorded. if not ask for it to be recorded. then ask them if ' they are fully aware the fact your car is modified with a 2 litre 16v engine ' if they say yes... you right down the fact you have rang on the said date in a diary or log. who you spoke to, with a refence number and recording number. then if you crash they WILL have to pay out by law. :D

Adam
09-01-07, 03:47 PM
usually if you have a calibra 16v engine in a nova. they will put the nova in the same bracket as the calibra. so the advice i was given is to say the engine is from the lowest bracket vauxhall that uses a redtop. should save a few quid.
Thats how HIC do it, i think cavalier gsi 2000 is one of the lowest groups for a Xe.

draper
09-01-07, 04:01 PM
arent their some lower spec cavs tho that have XEs ??

Adam
09-01-07, 04:06 PM
Early 16v SRi's did.
But i think thats it. I think Sri is a group higher insurance than gsi for some reason.

The others either had 2.0 8v, or later 2l ecos.

Stoo
09-01-07, 06:30 PM
Still doesnt hide the fact, or get around the fact that LV dont do conversions! So ur not covered!

Rx Jamie
09-01-07, 07:05 PM
Still doesnt hide the fact, or get around the fact that LV dont do conversions! So ur not covered!

just ring them back up, and ask them if your phone call is being recorded. if not ask for it to be recorded. then ask them if ' they are fully aware the fact your car is modified with a 2 litre 16v engine ' if they say yes... you right down the fact you have rang on the said date in a diary or log. who you spoke to, with a refence number and recording number. then if you crash they WILL have to pay out by law. :D

then all should be good

chelseafc007
10-04-07, 01:00 PM
some useful info here. thanks, ive been having a nightmare trying to insure my 2litre 16v nova. i will try HIC now.