PDA

View Full Version : Strut Brace?

Anonymous
12-10-00, 12:28 PM
Would a 1.3 sr (F reg) lowered 60mm on just springs, standard bump stops with grinded arches and 14? alloys (I don?t know if u needed to know that to answer my question!!??) need a strut brace?

Will the strut brace make a big difference to the car? Without one will I fuck the cars body and geometry?

Cheers

Ged

Anonymous
12-10-00, 12:32 PM
I've got a similar set up on my mk1 a-reg SR, and it is fine after 5 years of being like that! So I'd say just leave it, but if you want peice of mind just get it done. Hope that helps a bit.
=>Cris A283 FOY - Check out the cruise on the home page!

Anonymous
12-10-00, 01:01 PM
I think there a wate of time and money, they look quite good but thats it.

Anonymous
12-10-00, 02:06 PM
Get 1, why would they be made if they don't do anything. Trust me. I have driven my car with out one and with one. I didn't see any change in handling, but I found it was a much better ride, the car takes the bumps better now.

Anonymous
12-10-00, 02:51 PM
The strut brace is just to stop the body flexing, ie the suspension points moving around and messing up the geometry. Unless you are planning on fitting rose jointed suspension, ally top mounts ect.. I wouldn't worry to much about a strut brace, unless you fancy one. You certainly won't do any damage by not fitting one. If you are dropping the front 60mm it will mess the front wheel camber up, meaning the tyres won't sit flat on the road losing you grip. You may be better spending the money on adjustable track control arms to cure this. You can also file out the top strut-knuckle bolt hole to correct the camber (cheaper option).

Anonymous
13-10-00, 06:31 PM
well if u got a old car they stop them flexing. i had mine on my last nova which was a c reg witha big block cav engine in it

the difference was amazing in that car coz it was old and flexy anyway

i didnt feel much difference on my white one though but the tyres last a bit longer when im blasting round long corners