PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know???

euro sbd
04-01-07, 07:16 PM
Hi im looking to put yam r1 carbs on my c20xe engine as i have herd they run alot better than twin webber 45s i was running on my last engine. I have never seen a nova run with them on, so i wouldnt know. If anyone knows of someone having them on there car or knows the pros and cons of putting them on. Any info would be much appreciated:thumb:

cheers craig

Adam
04-01-07, 07:39 PM
Saloony has them on his orange XE'd saloon.

Stuart
04-01-07, 07:40 PM
pm saloony hes got r1's on his xe.

to be fair though if the 45's were awful to drive etc then they couldnt ahve been setup that well.... but i dont want to open that can of worms lol

Chris
04-01-07, 07:46 PM
i'll go on from Stuart then....

all I have to say is "you get what you pay for..."

euro sbd
04-01-07, 08:16 PM
I considered moving to a flat next to the local petrol garage when i was running my 45s, i was in there enoughlol No its not that it drove bad,it was awsome infact as i always kept them balanced tuned etc. Its just that i heard the r1 carbs they have better fuel consumption and are alot more responsive than 45s. ile give him a pm and see what he says
cheers lads

Phil GTE
04-01-07, 11:26 PM
Might be worth having them set up else where before replacing. Where are you going atm (I'm in bexleyheath too)?

Phil

euro sbd
05-01-07, 10:47 AM
i usually use steve at appollo racing hes worked with these engines for years hes very good, i have sold the 45s now but dont know what to go for next. im in the middle of building the car now, where are you in bexleyheath i may have seen you around?