PDA

View Full Version : Do not buy from novamadman - name and shame time

Matt2107
04-01-07, 04:50 PM
Sorry to have to do this but I bought something from novamadman.

Sent him a cheque immediately after which he messed me right about.

First he took a bloody eternity to cash the cheque... then he said he'd send the item... a while later told me the truth that he hadnt and that he would send it. Eventually he messaged me to say that he had actually sent it... why am I not suprised its never turned up.

I then messaged him to ask where it was only to find his pm box full.
He then cleared his inbox and sent me a message saying.."I'm guessing your sending me a message to either say you've received it or its lost in the post"

Haven't heard from him since and his inbox is full.

Question I have is why would he assume its lost in the post??? Probably because he never sent it. It was only a little thing and didnt cost much but don't let him rip you off as well.

I have been mega mega patient with this as its been literally months.

DO NOT TRUST NOVAMADMAN.
I'll look out his real name from my cheque book stubs just incase he's signed up on another name.

Kinky Monza
04-01-07, 04:52 PM
Sorry to hear that Matt, hope you sort it out!!!

Riggy
04-01-07, 05:01 PM
cut his ****ing balls off and feed them to rexy :thumb:

Martin
04-01-07, 05:09 PM
Why cut them of, go all out and get rexe to bite then of

scott.parker
04-01-07, 05:23 PM
It **** how there are some realy stupid deceitful people about,you find though that they lurk everywhere in life..:(

Scott

Rexy
04-01-07, 05:28 PM
****.... this totally reminds me i owe Xphocnwrkjbrgkjhg lol ?21...

Sorry matey, I totally forgot about that Pm me your bank details i'll get some money sent back to you.

Oh and nahh... i dont wana eat no balls.

chimp007_uk
04-01-07, 05:38 PM
i had trouble with the same person a wjile a back...

Rexy
04-01-07, 05:40 PM
yeah so did i actually, i bought his grandma for ?200, but she never came.

Novadex
04-01-07, 05:47 PM
yeah so did i actually, i bought his grandma for ?200, but she never came.

oh she did ;)

Novadex
04-01-07, 05:50 PM
sorry to hear about that MAt, you get some right :tosser: out there! well done for the N&S tho

Rexy
04-01-07, 05:50 PM
tut tut tut...

atokley
04-01-07, 05:55 PM
Surely you have his address in you pm's for sending the cheque........

Go round his house to collect the goods or your money, i know it probably isn't worth it because of the petrol costs (no idea on distance) but it would be worth it to see the look on his face, and probably stop him from scamming in future.......... O and dont forget to take a couple of rather large friends with you ;)

John
04-01-07, 06:08 PM
Wondered where mr madman had gone!
Really gets on your nerves doesn't it this, i got done to the tune of 160 quid by someone off here, perhaps we should have aname and shame list!!!

draper
04-01-07, 06:24 PM
unlucky matt, its always dodgy dealing over the t'internet - i actually owe someone from another site abit of money but due to pay-pal difficulties im struggling to sort it out - plus his contact details are on my old PC !! maybe this is a genuine problem and he hasnt scammed you ??

Martin
04-01-07, 06:42 PM
novamadman from ROI IIRC?

krobinson
04-01-07, 07:30 PM
novamadman from ROI IIRC?

Nope - NI, infact i pass his house all the time. He's a sound fella so i dunno what could be up?

Keith

dan23
04-01-07, 07:42 PM
i sold him a few things a while back he was ok with me

my local post office always lose things i ve learnt the hard way recorded delivery is useless all they can tell you is wether it has left the post office an if its been signed for at the other end (if hasnt been signed for its lost)

they even lost a 3 foot long piece of card thast i tried to send

you should use special delivery it costs a lot more but it usally gets there next day an can be tracked

Adam
04-01-07, 07:45 PM
He's a sound fella so i dunno what could be up?

Agreed.

I've bought/sold to him, always been fine.

Not seen him about on here recently, dont think he;s been on msn either

Jack
04-01-07, 08:04 PM
you should use special delivery it costs a lot more but it usally gets there next day an can be tracked
Yup, if you want to know where it is, use SD. Recorded only tells you someone has signed for it.

Having said that, when selling stuff on ebay I always state in my T&Cs that as soon as I've posted the item its no longer my resposibility (I always get proof of posting) and if it gets lost in the post its up to the buyer to trace it and put a compensation claim in. I always offer a std service (either std parcels or 1st class) along with a trackable delivery option such as special delivery... and buyers ALWAYS go for the cheapest option!

Matt2107
05-01-07, 10:14 AM
He does infact live on Irish turf so I can't really pop round.
It was a chrome boot catch sticky up bit and only cost me ?6 lol

I also asked that he send it recorded. I always send recorded as the anyone who bought a fleece will know! Having a little insider information I know that when postys "lose" a recorded item there's a bit of traceability so if you really kick up a stink they get a beating as royal mail use figures on recorded items to show how "good" they are.

I'd rather people were aware of him though.

wisewood
05-01-07, 10:22 AM
Yeah me and the mrs sell loads on ebay and always get proof of postage and if its an item worth more than a tenner it goes recorded delivery so they can't claim it never arrived or anything.

If the guy you bought off (whether on ebay or not) didnt get proof of postage, tell him you want your money back.

Matt2107
05-01-07, 10:42 AM
I think I might have to see if I can get a number for him and give him a call.

craig green
05-01-07, 10:59 AM
Hope he sees fit to come on and give an explanation.

Hope you get it sorted too Matt. Its the principle of the matter.

Maybe Keith could offer some assistance..........

Matt2107
05-01-07, 11:42 AM
Or I could see how much Dod charges... lol

nova~norm
05-01-07, 11:43 AM
know the feeling same as when i bought my gsi bumpers which ended up been mk2 bumpers lol give him a e slap

Adam
05-01-07, 03:49 PM
Post office always gives a receipt that shows the date/time etc you sent it, even with std parcel service.