PDA

View Full Version : people who have done a mk2 dash conversion.....

SRlew
04-01-07, 04:30 PM
right im hoping to have my car ready to put back on the road next week, but it'll need an mot so i NEED to get this problem sorted!

right i cut the old mk1 hazard switch plug off, and wired up the mk2 one, all the colourd ones match fine, (blue,red etc) but then came the black/white.

theres 2 black white coming from the car loom, and there 3 coming from the hazard switch, iv tried them differewnt ways round etc (ie 2 in one a 1 in another etc) but i either have no indicators but hazards workin, indicators workin but no hazard, or when i push the hazards on it turns the ignition on lol but the indicators work

any one now what order or what i need to do to sort this problem?

any help apprieciated cheers lew

also yes i think i have posted up a similar thread before so sorry :thumb:

SRlew
05-01-07, 06:38 PM
any one any ideas?

i need this sorting!

please help lol

novawez
05-01-07, 07:41 PM
the cavalier did that when u turned the hazard switch upside down and pressed it it brought the ignition lights on thats why they were so easy to pinch anyway on the haynes book electric tracs recons blackwhite and blackgreen should join dont know though jus read the manual

SRlew
05-01-07, 10:22 PM
ah right i might try that actualy, its just that heres a few more black/white wires to mess with than there is to conect them to the car loom etc.