PDA

View Full Version : Any1 Local To Swindon? Help!!!!!!

LONG~BAR
04-01-07, 02:35 PM
AS ABOVE! Is anybody in the local area willing to help me out with my Nova? I've got a m8 whos local but he dosen't seem to willing to help me. (he's alway's busy. humm, whatever) plz plz plz plz
Help with wiring of mk2 dash,Suspension adjustment,Bucket seat fitment,inlet manifold gasket fitting and harnesses. :roll: :cry:

db_1.2
04-01-07, 02:43 PM
I would Lol, but i cant drive and im having enough troubles with my nova at the min, sorry dude, whats the problems in detail anyway?

LONG~BAR
04-01-07, 02:49 PM
Where do u live roughly? I'm willing to pick sum1 up.

LONG~BAR
04-01-07, 03:19 PM
bump. URGENT

Jack
04-01-07, 03:22 PM
Whats up with the dash? All wiring is the same as a Mk1 except for the central heater/blower rotary switch...

Alternatively, organise a meet at your place and coerce anyone who shows up to help you lol

LONG~BAR
04-01-07, 04:38 PM
central heater/blower rotary switch is done but I'm left with a black wire and two black/white wires on the mk side! and the headlight plug is the same BUT THE REST ISN'T(mk1 flip up/down switchs don't match ANY OF THE MK2 LOOM. do u want me to take a picture to prove to you lot that its not a simple case of match the colour? I mean how can you if theres not another i.e green one! this has been pissing me off for days now and I just wanna get the damn dash in so I can start work on the bucket seats and the rest.
Can sum1 plz help me! i.e come round and work their magic!

Jack
04-01-07, 04:47 PM
By flip up/down switches do you mean the Mk1 heater and blower controls? You'll need to use the Mk2 control rods for that, the Mk1 rods won't fit the Mk2 dash at the top.

Hmm... the only switch I rewired when I did my old saloon was the central rotary switch on the Mk2 dash, and then I just had to match the Haynes diagrams. Can't remember off the top of my head which wires went where, but I'm sure someone else will know. I think the connector on the back of the dials might be different as well - you have either a 12 or a 14 connector plug iirc - depending which dials you're putting in...

If you like then take a pic of the bits you're stuck with, and someone might point out which wires go where :)

LONG~BAR
04-01-07, 05:01 PM
'By flip up/down switches do you mean the Mk1 heater and blower controls? You'll need to use the Mk2 control rods for that, the Mk1 rods won't fit the Mk2 dash at the top.'

they are below the heatlight switch. one has a blue plug while the other has a black one.

Novadex
04-01-07, 06:03 PM
tbh mater i dont think a few mins after joing a site people are going to want to just come round and fix your car. its a Nova site we all have probs of our own that we cant be 4rsed to fix.... categorize all your problems in the correct forums and wait and hope. ull find your get a better response :thumb:

LONG~BAR
04-01-07, 07:21 PM
Fair enough. but thought people would be willing if they were local to offer a ehlping hand. I mean on my other side (VVOC.com,) if a newbie asked for a hand I'd b happy to help. is this site not the same?)People hav said they'd help me but havn't come through and its really starting to get on my tits cuz I start in the RAF in 13days and wanna get it done b4 I leave home. but can;t do it without some help. if it were a vectra no problems! but its a Nova n I've never had 1 b4.
But your saying Nova's are crap if they always need work???????? better sell it then:'(

JSeymour
04-01-07, 07:45 PM
id help, but your too far away....

LONG~BAR
04-01-07, 08:57 PM
thanks fella

Matt2107
05-01-07, 10:02 AM
I'm not too far away but I'm **** with wiring and I loathe the mk2 dash.

Try and get some pics posted.

Jack
05-01-07, 10:14 AM
I'm not too far away but I'm **** with wiring and I loathe the mk2 dash.
You prefer the Mk1 dash?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/Cars/Project%20Ghey/dash7.jpg

Oh! Oh no... Oh I'm sorry, how did that happen?! lol

Matt2107
05-01-07, 10:15 AM
Lol thats not the dash that your listing for sale is it????

Do you have to pay extra for the shoe print.

Novadex
05-01-07, 03:18 PM
your saying Nova's are crap if they always need work???????? :'(
yes, thats what im saying... lol
sorry mate, i said that the wrong way. unfortuneately people dont usally have time to work on other peoples cars let alone there own. Hope you get it sorted!

LONG~BAR
09-01-07, 03:44 PM
I'd b happy if sum1 cld pop over and take a look at the wires b4 I bolt everything back together then give up. Time is running out for me as I'm starting in the RAF next week and time is limited. an hour anyday this week would do. mainly need help with the foglight switche(s) wires don't match up from the mk2 loom and the mk1 loom. adz

Timmy
09-01-07, 04:48 PM
ok what have you got wire and what have you not got wirse? make a nice easy list and what date are you away ?

LONG~BAR
09-01-07, 05:09 PM
headlight-done
heater-done
clock-same
dig dash-done
foglight-not done
headlight adjuster-not done

The last two I hav problems with. either wires left over or wires from both sides of the loom not matching up.

Paul
09-01-07, 08:23 PM
I swear the mk1's never had headlight adjusters did they, the mk1 headlights havent even giot the motors have they, take a pic of the mk2 fog plug, and the mk1 wiring loom, and im sure someone will know.

Jack
09-01-07, 08:44 PM
Yup, Mk1's don't have headlight adjusters so won't have the wiring for it.

If you've installed Mk2 lights with the motors, you'll need to install new wiring to make these work.

LONG~BAR
10-01-07, 03:43 PM
the dash is in........bit untidy but the fcuking thing is in! easy job my ****!
the fog light wires,,,, mk1 loom is black/red's etc and the mk2 are green,brown etc.-can't take a pic cuz its all tucked away.
I will know if I've done a good enough job if the car starts