PDA

View Full Version : F"?$"?% DOORS

Anonymous
17-06-01, 11:36 PM
Rite my nova dont like me at all :( and now i need help with me doors.

So how do u get door pins out? Every pin on me doors has one prob that means i cant take em out.

I got a tool to take pins out but the cheap piece of crap broke in middle of a pin X-(. The tool was basically a thin piece of metal threaded at either end. You fed the rod thru the hinge and attached heads to the threaded parts. You then just place a metal rod on the "spare" head and hammer a metal bar to force pin out. Sound like a fimilar tool?

So wot i got to deal with to take doors out is... a nail stuck through 1 pin(not me) a broken tool in 1 pin and the chain strap wont budge at all on the other top pin so i cant unblock hinge and hence can force pin out. The final pin isnt even in the hinge its stuck on top(not me again) so help me pls.

Cos i suck with motors.

ps someone said common sense i chat but i aint got none.

Sorry for crap english but you know what i am getting at dont ya?

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk
Dave_Hay5@hotmail.com

Anonymous
18-06-01, 09:17 AM
take it to a garage then let them cook it with an oxy torch
are you taking the door off and swapping them?

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
18-06-01, 01:22 PM
yep im putting "NONE RUSTY DOORS" on :D
so will that oxy torching be ok?
wont it wreck hinge welded on to car?

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk
Dave_Hay5@hotmail.com

Anonymous
18-06-01, 03:06 PM
i used an old screwdriver bit that fits in to a cordless drill(the long ones) after a week of soaking them in W.D. After tapping with a hammer it came out a treat as the bit was the perfect size, there was no damage to the pins at all

Anonymous
18-06-01, 05:20 PM
I chiselled door pins out with an old bonnet support,and then wiggled that back out with pliers,when putting doors back on,get some brand new pins from vauxhall,they changed the design slightly so they are easier to remove

Anonymous
18-06-01, 06:06 PM
New door pins cost about 10p each!

Anonymous
18-06-01, 08:06 PM
:( mine cost about 89p each from vauxhall

Anonymous
18-06-01, 09:20 PM
lol oh well ive fucked it now.

i was hammering a awkward pin out cos someone had stuck a nail thru it and i thot the hinge was becoming a bit loose on the side of the car.
and erm well it was rotten and the hinge is now not attached to the car as it came away from the inside as i was knocking from the outside.

can this be fixed or shall i scrap me motor?

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk
Dave_Hay5@hotmail.com