PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Camber adjustment on FK Coilovers

Will F
04-01-07, 01:28 PM
Just bought some FK coilovers and noticed that they have an elongated hole on the strut for camber adjustmaent...

I didnt have any special bolts with them, should I have??

Is there an easy way to set these up, or will I need to get camber bolts and take it somewhere to get aligned?

Martin
04-01-07, 02:16 PM
If you speak to K.robinson he'l tell ya what needs doing.. he got his welded i think..

Martin

Adam
04-01-07, 02:22 PM
Yeah i think keith got a small plate welded over the hole so it left a round hole instead of elongated.
And then fitted adjustable top mounts.

I guess you could just use camber bolts tho and get it setup.
But it will need doing everytime you remove the strut.

Will F
04-01-07, 02:46 PM
I know!! Its stupid!

There must be an easier/better method?!

Stuart
04-01-07, 03:05 PM
maybe get the mk1 golf top hole bolts. they have a cam under the "washer" on teh bolt head that will move round the slot to give camber adjsutment. plus they dont tend to "slip" like with keiths experience...

rc
04-01-07, 06:11 PM
you dont need different bolts! i set mine up on a 4 wheel alignment machine! there is alot of adjustment possitive and negative so u'll need to get them set up proply otherwise your tyres will only last 5 mins! you only need those special camber adjustin bolts on standard struts without a slot in them!

Stuart
04-01-07, 06:21 PM
yes there is lots of adjsutment but keith had a situation where the bolt slipped and the wheel "fell" into the shock.....

thats why the golk bolts "should" stop that...

Chris
04-01-07, 06:26 PM
or try this.

Fit some larger washers with the bolts, get it setup on some decent alignment gear, tighten the bolts up good and proper. Then drive steady to a welder and weld the big washers to the strut. They wont move then.

Chris

rc
04-01-07, 06:30 PM
yes there is lots of adjsutment but keith had a situation where the bolt slipped and the wheel "fell" into the shock.....

thats why the golk bolts "should" stop that...

i never had any trouble with mine?

Chris
04-01-07, 06:31 PM
you aren't driving it hard enough then

rc
04-01-07, 06:37 PM
you aren't driving it hard enough then

lol it got abused beleive me!

Will F
04-01-07, 08:47 PM
Good idea Chris you big gay...

All I need to do is find someone local who can weld.

OR never remove that bolt ever again?:D

Phil GTE
04-01-07, 11:31 PM
I have Keith's old coilovers.

A plate was welded on so only the standard size bolt fits.

Before this mod, they slipped whilst on track.......

Pointless imo,get a plate welded on sharpish. Say hello to Rich for me ;)