PDA

View Full Version : Will my lunch be nice

Jack
04-01-07, 11:00 AM
Had a really nice turkey & salad baguette yesterday for lunch that was rather tasty, but today I have a chicken, bacon, lettuce and mayo baguette of which I have a worrying feeling may be quite nasty.

Will it be nasty or nice? Place bets NOWWW lol

p.s. I refuse to lick it before my lunchtime to see what its like

Ash
04-01-07, 11:10 AM
christ, someones bored!

I voted BLT, because its the benchmark in sandwiches, i always find chicken and turkey dry, esp from Tesco. Saying that, the best sandwich i've bought was a roast turkey and hot bacon from sara's dairy. mmmmmmm

Ash

savs_redtop
04-01-07, 11:15 AM
Just been readin the sex injuries and seeing the contents of your baguette makes me cringe a little!lol

draper
04-01-07, 11:24 AM
it will be better than the turkey baguette, although does the burgo option come with fries ??

Matt2107
04-01-07, 11:27 AM
Sorry but I don't go in for all this lettuce and mayo ****e.... plain good old smoked country ham for me.

Jack
04-01-07, 11:38 AM
Saying that, the best sandwich i've bought was a roast turkey and hot bacon from sara's dairy. mmmmmmm
Sara's Dairy has rats!! Don't eat anything from Tastebuds either, the daughter there is a ho and you never know whats in the mayo! lol

Is Earl Sandwish still going? I've not eaten in Yeovil town for ages. Used to know the people that owned it, but not seen them for donkeys years.

Ash
04-01-07, 11:42 AM
i haven't been in town since sept, so i dont know. i think your thinking of the girl from Ceres bakery who did the videos lol

Ash

Jack
04-01-07, 11:45 AM
No, definately Tastebuds, I was "involved" with her many many years ago. So few years ago it might have been little mini-jacks that people were eating in the mayo lol

Not heard about the Ceres girl doing videos!?!

Matt2107
04-01-07, 11:51 AM
I don't like mayo at the best of times but the thought of it having little mini jacks in it makes me feel quite ill.

Jack
04-01-07, 01:15 PM
Tasted bloody awful, bugger :(

wisewood
04-01-07, 01:27 PM
lol how can it taste aweful - chicken (nice), bacon (nice) and mayo (nice). The only thing offensive in there is lettuce, and that tastes of water (ie nothing).

Yesterday i had lemon curd sandwiches - reminded me of when i was a kid :D today i've had cheese & ketchup sandwiches - same result. Think i'll go for chips now though.

Jack
04-01-07, 01:31 PM
I think it was because the chicken and "bacon" tasted like it had been scraped out of a frozen chicken and bacon pie (I'm a southerner, I don't do pies lol), and the mayonnaise was their weird freaky tasting stuff of dubious origin...!

I shall have to go see what they have tomorrow, oh the suspense!

Cheese and ketchup is a great combination though :D

wisewood
04-01-07, 01:40 PM
where was the sandwich from?

I love sandwiches. Whenever i'm asked what my favourite food is i always say sandwiches - they go with everything.

I've even had hotchocolate powder sandwiches when i was a kid... and once had a cadbury's dairymilk bar in a sandwich, with butter lol

Matt2107
04-01-07, 01:47 PM
Do I win a prize for getting it right.

Jack
04-01-07, 01:51 PM
It was from the canteen/shop on the airstation (on the civvy side), one of the baguettes they make there themselves. TBH I'm not a great fan of their food, but one of the girls who works in there is rather aesthetically appealing, so any excuse to go round :D

Matt - I would post a yuo win teh prize image but google image search doesn't work here :(

wisewood
04-01-07, 02:00 PM
http://www.smdblink.plus.com/you_win_the_prize.jpg

Matt2107
04-01-07, 02:05 PM
Hang on a sec... i think that might be my older brother.

wisewood
04-01-07, 02:12 PM
guy on the right looks like my dad, before he shaved his head.

http://www.wisew.com/blog_pics/dad_bald.jpg

lol

Matt2107
04-01-07, 02:50 PM
You sure its not his twin?

savs_redtop
04-01-07, 03:01 PM
where was the sandwich from?

I love sandwiches. Whenever i'm asked what my favourite food is i always say sandwiches - they go with everything.

I've even had hotchocolate powder sandwiches when i was a kid... and once had a cadbury's dairymilk bar in a sandwich, with butter lol

lol thats very strange! but then again I think we all have had our special foods when we was younger. LMFAO hotchocolate powder sandwiches!!!!

wisewood
04-01-07, 03:17 PM
yeah, it is wierd... it was one that i made when mummy wasnt around though, she wouldnt have approved lol

wisewood
04-01-07, 03:18 PM
You sure its not his twin?

Its probably not his twin (he hasnt got one - one is bad enough!) but could well be him in the photo.

savs_redtop
04-01-07, 03:26 PM
yeah, it is wierd... it was one that i made when mummy wasnt around though, she wouldnt have approved lol

lol yeh my mummy dint approve of me eatin saladcream sandwiches, guess thats sort of wrong.

wisewood
04-01-07, 03:45 PM
i had the same problem with ketchup sandwiches.

Alex.
04-01-07, 04:03 PM
No, definately Tastebuds, I was "involved" with her many many years ago. So few years ago it might have been little mini-jacks that people were eating in the mayo lol

That's disgusting :tard:
That's actually put me off my food...lol

scott.parker
04-01-07, 04:08 PM
Ha! good guess i though it might taste like ****holes! lol

I love ham cheese and tomatoe sause sandwiches

Scott

Lee
04-01-07, 04:59 PM
Bugger these sandwiches, i have two BK whoppers for lunch most days lol

Although, if i do have a sarnie, i cant taste the contents because i drown it in salad cream!

Alex.
04-01-07, 05:01 PM
Dar likes sandwhiches! lol

scott.parker
04-01-07, 06:33 PM
Bugger these sandwiches, i have two BK whoppers for lunch most days lol

Although, if i do have a sarnie, i cant taste the contents because i drown it in salad cream!

to be fair mate i recon if you have given up smoking the chances are now you might actualy put some wieght on!! lol
As you should be huge eating that crap all the time..

Scott

Jack
05-01-07, 10:03 AM
Lunchtime win today, got both a turkey roll and a ham and cheese roll! Bargain, Ned will be happy come lunch! :D

wisewood
05-01-07, 10:11 AM
cheese and ketchup again... eating them now lol
already eaten my salt n vinegar hula hoops.

Matt2107
05-01-07, 10:25 AM
Salt and vinegar crisps are the flavour... nothing else comes close.
Also I find the tesco own brand to be very strong.

wisewood
05-01-07, 10:31 AM
i dont like salt n vinegar flavour, its the last bag we had though lol better that than nothing. Beef hula hoops are the best (of the hula hoops) imho.

Jack
05-01-07, 11:27 AM
Beef Hula hoops are the shizz! Thats given me an idea for anther random thread actually.... lol

draper
05-01-07, 11:54 AM
Salt and vinegar crisps are the flavour... nothing else comes close.
Also I find the tesco own brand to be very strong.

yep, and bloody lovely !!!

chopped tomatoes on toasat for dinner today :thumb: