PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking on Boot

Anonymous
18-06-01, 09:06 AM
I have recently had a central locking system fitted to my 2 door MK2 Nova. When the company arrived to fit it they told me that I could not have this done on the boot as I did not have the correct lock. I know this is possible, as I have seen it. Me being totally useless when it comes cars does not help but if any one could put some light my situation I would appreciate it. I have seen elsewhere that I may need a XR2 boot switch and sonlinod. Is this the best way to do this? Do I need another central locking motor? Thanks very much

Anonymous
18-06-01, 01:03 PM
do you want to pop the boot or lock/unlock it

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
18-06-01, 01:15 PM
I just want to be able to pull up a lever or somthing like that to open the boot when I want to get in there. I do not think that my Toad remote key fob will open the boot for me it only has two simple open/close buttons. I only ever go in the boot to change the CD's in my autochanger. Thanks

Anonymous
18-06-01, 01:22 PM
i wouldn't mind a boot pop on a switch inside the car and one fitted to my clifford,

Nova 1.3SR, f-reg red 4 sale ?400

Anonymous
18-06-01, 02:04 PM
I have flushed my tailgate and have no lock in the boot, I need a way to open my boot as well, because pulling the seat forward and pulling the lever by hand is a right pain in the arse !!!!

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
18-06-01, 03:00 PM
i got my boot lock out of an old rover passenger door, most central locking motors will do the job just takes a bit of messing about to fit em

Anonymous
18-06-01, 04:09 PM
get them out a f**d xr2 cause they all have them........av got one just not got round 2 fitting it.lol :-)

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

Anonymous
18-06-01, 04:43 PM
Xr2i or orion 1.6i. Or any solenoid really. Its easy to do, but the webpage with the guide on is not online at the moment.
Its possible to have it pop from the keyfob-but its never really locked.But as the lock barrel is disconnected then thats not a problem as the only way to open it is via the keyfob.
There are other ways to rig it up too.

:)

Anonymous
18-06-01, 04:55 PM
Freak, whats the link to the webpage with the guide on (for when it is working again)
Cheers in advance.

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
18-06-01, 06:58 PM
For the Clifford alarm I have I used a spare channel on the remote (3) a relay and a universal solenoid. Just srew the soleniod into the tailgate, remove the rod from the lock and use that to connect the soleniod to the mechanism. Feed a live through the relay (boot light live will do) and use the alarm output to trip the relay and open the boot. I took the lock and boot handle off as well to deter TWOCer`s from making a mess.

Anonymous
18-06-01, 08:05 PM
If your not using the rear wiper on your car, get a solenoid from another car one with 2 wires on it (check on your battery which wire pushes and which wire pulls the solenoid) then with the solenoid upside down and attached to your boot connect the wire that pulls the solenoid up the way to the blue wire (off your rear wiper) and the other wire from the solenoid to an earth on the car body, then just hook your existing metal rod from your boot lock to the solenoid, then use the wiper switch to open the boot.
If you are still using the rear wiper then run a new wire from a live (with ignition on) of the fuse box to the said wire from the solenoid.
I used a Montego solenoid but you can use any

See a pic @ and how 2 @ www.perpetualbliss.net/solenoid.htm

[-itchscratch.gif-]

www.perpetualbliss.net