PDA

View Full Version : Stinky Car no more !

Anonymous
20-06-01, 09:48 AM
I took my car to be tuned last night, he spotted that one of my fuel pipes was perished and leaking, I changed it last night ! woo hoo no more stinky car. Cheers 4 all the advice on the previous question.

However I still have another question, my car is still popping a hell of alot from the exhaust, it pops when the revs come down, whether im in gear or sitting in nuetral ? any ideas ????

when I say pops it doesn't do a loud pop it sort of pops several times like a motorbike.

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
20-06-01, 10:05 AM
check your engine mate...make sure when you got it tuned, that the bloke didn't swap it for the same engine that's in my pug speedfight...lmao...mine pops a bit...lol :p

[-pedburnout.gif-]
Smoke that valver
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
20-06-01, 10:33 AM
lol @ Ged, I was however looking for a serious answer ?

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
20-06-01, 11:50 AM
u still running those fancy sprak plugs??? get rid of em! they aint working for ur motor.
get some cheap ngk ones

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk
Dave_Hay5@hotmail.com

Anonymous
20-06-01, 11:54 AM
yeah, I'm still running them, I will change em over tonight.

Anonymous
20-06-01, 12:00 PM
what plugs are you running ?

Anonymous
20-06-01, 12:01 PM
Bosh Super 4's

Anonymous
20-06-01, 12:15 PM
there is nothing wrong with them.
you were getting a very strong spark last night on the diagnostic machine

Anonymous
20-06-01, 12:17 PM
true. How the hell do I stop it poppoing all the time then, and is it dodgy/dangerous?

Anonymous
20-06-01, 12:29 PM
if its tuned your not burning all ur fuel so it pops out of the exhaust. i presume timings bang on? and mixture is rite? then its gotta be plugs. just change em and see. ngk plugs r good. could be dizzy. but do plugs first.
or u got a turbo hiding under bonnet???

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk
Dave_Hay5@hotmail.com

Anonymous
20-06-01, 12:32 PM
a turbo, im gonna go and check !!!!!!

Anonymous
20-06-01, 12:33 PM
doh, no turbo, just a squirrel and some tumbleweed !

Anonymous
20-06-01, 12:38 PM
Mine pops and I have been told it flames as well when i do a quick change which I think is cool, I think it has knackered up my baffler though, fuckin piper are shit !!!! I just though i would share that with u all :D

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
20-06-01, 01:04 PM
Just unburnt fuel gettin through and due to engine probs bein hot(check if it happens when cold) it's just ignitin ad poppin.My mates Sr does that as his exhorst is straight through as did my mates ax gt.Seems to only happen on carbed motas thow.My Sri only does it when it's realllllllllyy hot!!
Fraz(p.s. I'm probably wrong!)

STOP.............................................. .........................................CARRY ON!

Anonymous
20-06-01, 01:05 PM
Just unburnt fuel gettin through and due to engine probs bein hot(check if it happens when cold) it's just ignitin ad poppin.My mates Sr does that as his exhorst is straight through as did my mates ax gt.Seems to only happen on carbed motas thow.My Sri only does it when it's realllllllllyy hot!!
Fraz(p.s. I'm probably wrong!)

STOP.............................................. .........................................CARRY ON!

Anonymous
20-06-01, 01:33 PM
Bosch 4`s will give a strong spark, coz they can find a good short solid route each time, but, to get peak power and burn all of the fuel in the mixture, you want a longer spark, not the one that gives shortest route. This could explain the poppin, but I bet it still does it when u change em. Its not a bad thing, mine does it all of the time coz I chuck so much fuel through. The bosch super4s couldnt cope with my setup, but it still does it now, just not as bad. I would say NGK`s would give better performance, but I wouldnt rush and change em to stop the noise, especially if your car has been tuned and everything checked out o.k.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D