PDA

View Full Version : sr dials rev counter inop

Asa-James
03-01-07, 05:47 PM
put some sr dials into my car today (changed from standard) and the rev counter and oil presure gauge are both inop. i take it i need a different oil pressure switch and wiring for that, but just wondering where the wire needs to go from the spade connecter on the back of the rev counter. there is a spare connector on my coil (bottom right) but i just need re-assurance before i blow anything up. cheers all

Jack
03-01-07, 05:55 PM
Yep, thats the one on the coil for the rev counter. Can't remember about the oil pressure gauge though...

Dave.
03-01-07, 06:00 PM
yeah green is rev counter

i have a set of mk1 dials, lockwood white dials on them black needls, if u want you can buy them as your not far

Welsh Dan
03-01-07, 06:27 PM
You have to change the sender for the oil pressure gauge as far as I know, when I changed my clocks the oil pressure needle just stays at max all the time.

Spudly
03-01-07, 06:36 PM
^^^Thats correct, you only have a one wire pressure switch to make the light come on when the level is low, you need to change it for a 2wire sender from any engine which has one as standard, :- Mk1 SR`s GTE`s GSi`s these all have em and theyre at the back of the block nearest the off-side wheel if youre looking for one in a scrappy or summat!

Adam
03-01-07, 07:05 PM
What he said /\

Its bolted in the back of the oil pump.
The 2nd wire should be taped to the 1st wire.
And at the clocks end the 2nd wire is a spade connection, blue/green iirc.

Asa-James
03-01-07, 10:58 PM
yup yup, got it all working except the oil pressure gauge (i thought it was too good!)

cheers all, drinks are on me

Robo
04-01-07, 11:28 PM
some info that could help!lol

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/vauxhall/mechanical-electrical/171368-c20xe-let-oil-pressure-temp-senders-what-why-how-where-print.html

Sirnixalot
09-01-07, 09:26 AM
sorry to beat a dead horse but im just clarifying

the blue green wire goes to the low level light

a new wire needs to be run from the other terminal on the oil pressure sender to which pin on the clock plug?

Timmy
09-01-07, 10:00 AM
what about the vot metters?

Adam
09-01-07, 02:38 PM
The other wire for the sender is already in the loom, its taped up by the first wire plug on the sender.
And is clipped onto the dash clock plug.
It plugs into a spare spade terminal on the back of the clocks.

The volt meter works fine, no wiring changes needed.