PDA

View Full Version : Tesco Value Car Insurance

Matt2107
03-01-07, 04:10 PM
Thought I'd get a quote on my 1.2 run around.
I'm 24 with 6 years no claims (that'll be full then)

?165 fully comp :D

Probably worth a look

chimp007_uk
03-01-07, 04:20 PM
dont have anyone hit you... they are poo... took over a year to deal with the claim, which ment i couldn't afford the premiums to renew my insurance as they put it down as worse case senario...

Adam
03-01-07, 04:21 PM
Nice price.

Have you tried other companies?
I only pay about ?400 fully comp, with a 1400 engine conversion, and all mods covered.
I was 19,2yrs NCB... With HIC

Matt2107
03-01-07, 04:25 PM
Haven't actually bothered to look around yet.
I will probably give Direct Line (who I'm with on the mondeo) a call and see whether they can match it. I'd rather go with them.

1.2 is parked up on private land untaxed waiting for an indicator lense.

Jack
03-01-07, 04:28 PM
Are you not using your NCB on the mondeo of lurrrve?

Couple people on CCUK have also had issues with Tesco having crap claim service.

Matt2107
03-01-07, 04:37 PM
Yep already using them on the mondeo but hopefully I won't be driving it next week. Direct line policy isnt for renewal until August so I'll see what price they can offer me on the 1.2 and see if it'll offset against a deposit for a new policy etc.

Tarian
03-01-07, 04:38 PM
Thought I'd get a quote on my 1.2 run around.
I'm 24 with 6 years no claims (that'll be full then)

?165 fully comp :D

Probably worth a look

i was with tescos with my 1.5d corsa - was ?1500 with no bonus and thats fully comp - then when i had to renew they bumped it up to ?1800 fully comp - one years no claims and i should have had dicount for being with them
so now im with Asda and im payin ?800 fully comp with one years no claim

Jack
04-01-07, 10:20 AM
Yep already using them on the mondeo but hopefully I won't be driving it next week. Direct line policy isnt for renewal until August so I'll see what price they can offer me on the 1.2 and see if it'll offset against a deposit for a new policy etc.
I'm confused, you know you can't use your NCB on more than one car? Or are you cancelling the mondeo and swapping to the Nova? Best bet would be to transfer the mondeo policy to the Nova so you don't lose a years NCB, I was put back by about 5 months when I cancelled the novas and started a new policy on the Celica :(

[edit] LMFAO Tesco still refuse to give me a quote on my GT4... even if I say I have a clean license. I'm 24 with 7 years NCB, and its only a group 18 car ffs!

Matt2107
04-01-07, 11:50 AM
I'm confused, you know you can't use your NCB on more than one car? Or are you cancelling the mondeo and swapping to the Nova? Best bet would be to transfer the mondeo policy to the Nova so you don't lose a years NCB, I was put back by about 5 months when I cancelled the novas and started a new policy on the Celica :(

[edit] LMFAO Tesco still refuse to give me a quote on my GT4... even if I say I have a clean license. I'm 24 with 7 years NCB, and its only a group 18 car ffs!

I will more than likely transfer the policy from the mondeo to the nova. Unless its more financially viable to start a new policy with someone else (Can't imagine this being the case due to deposits etc.)

Incidently my brother phoned up his insurance company to find out how much fitting a cat 1 alarm would lower his insurance... They told him it'd put it up by ?34 lol.

wisewood
04-01-07, 03:18 PM
pmsl @ insurance increase for fitting an anti-theft device.

wonder if they'd perceive it to be an undeclared modification if you didnt tell them about it and your car was stolen

Matt2107
04-01-07, 04:28 PM
lol I just called Direct Line for a quote as an ammendment to my policy and they have offered me ?17 a month TPFT and a ?60 rebate or ?22 a month FC.

When she asked about mods I volunteeredthe fact that it has a cat 2 immobiliser in the hope of cheaper insurance... she said it wouldnt effect my quote.

Whats the world coming to where something designed to stop me making a claim has no effect on my policy.

wisewood
04-01-07, 05:27 PM
yours is obviously an area where they know an immobiliser makes no difference as the thief will bring a spare engine and switch it while you sleep.

Matt2107
04-01-07, 05:29 PM
Shatter proof windows would be a good thing in my area.

The other night they broke a mondeo window and took the handbrake off so it rolled down a hill into a lamp post.
Next night they came back and put a manky brown christmas tree through a saxo window and left it half sticking out half in.

Jack
05-01-07, 10:10 AM
Next night they came back and put a manky brown christmas tree through a saxo window and left it half sticking out half in.
Happy christmas lol

I suppose the insurance companies could say any mod can be dangerous; alarms could be bodged in causing a fire hazard, tints or security film on windows could reduce visibility, uprated brakes and tyres imply you drive fast and bodges mean big problems to the braking system. Heck, even having a sticker on the window saying your car is alarmed and immobilised might up your premium as a thief might think you have something inside worth protecting!

Matt2107
05-01-07, 10:17 AM
Yeah.. I just find it puzzling that a device designed to stop your car being stolen.. thus potentially saving the insurance company money does not lower your policy.... although like my brother said.. if it gets any lower they'll be paying me :D

welsh_roadrally
06-01-07, 07:48 AM
Until i renewed my insurance last may i'd been with tesco for 3 years,they had allways been reasonable on quotes and since i've never had any points and only had a small claim when i was 17 would insure me on almost anythinglol .Last year i expected quite a drop(being 25) in my renewal on my 98 Civic 1.8 VTi but they wanted ?890 fully comp:wtf: thats with full no claims,no points and in a low crime area:roll: ,rang round and chose churchill ?420 for the same cover:thumb: .I'd never insure with tesco again as the year before i had changed my car 4 times and got sha*ted every time(except once).
Started off with a 99 T Vectra SRi 140:?520,sold that and bought a 96 P 306 XSi 8v:extra ?600 for 10 months!:wtf: ,used that for a 3 months then sold it,bought a 98 R Primera 1.6 Si expecting a huge fall in the premium:?30 refund!:wtf: ,kept that for 2 months but it was slower than slowlol so i bought the Civic expecting to have to cancel the insurance as the Primera was group 8 and the Civic group 15 but:?10 refund for 5 months:tard: ?
Now i've got a 3rd party Traders Policy (aswell as my fully comp private policy),i payed ?440 for this and it covers me on any car,i can have as many cars as i want,any mods and includes imports:thumb: