PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Slam Panel !!!!!

Anonymous
18-06-01, 04:31 PM
does anyone know how you remove the fucking thing !

I'm trying to remove one from a Mk2 91 1.4sr, I have got both the wings off but its welded in all over the place. Whats the best way of getting it out ?

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
18-06-01, 05:03 PM
yer easy just get ya self an angle grinder!!!!and cut it out!thats what iv done easy then weld in new one easy!

i like questions i can reply2 probably coz iv rebuilt 2novas from bare shells!

:( how many more times am i going to have 2fix my car :(

Anonymous
18-06-01, 05:27 PM
I have an angle grinder and I have cut most of it out, its just the biots like the brackets at the bottom that you cant get and angle grinder in without fucking up the bracket and the bits where its welded onto the inner wing bits, how did you do that ?

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
18-06-01, 07:00 PM
do what I did.Hit a trolley park and bend it off :-(

My Car is for sale!!!!!

Anonymous
18-06-01, 09:50 PM
You need a spot weld drill bit and drill out the spot welds. Then with a big hammer and a sharp chisel (wearing thick gloves and goggles would be good) chisel the thing off.

If you aint bought a genuine vaux panel good luck lining it all up again! :)

Jimbo (Bodyshop god)

Anonymous
18-06-01, 11:14 PM
You can use a proper spot-weld chisel.
Just line it up on the joint, and hammer away.

Anonymous
19-06-01, 10:06 AM
if it's just the bottom bits bend it off cause the slam metal is weaker then the bottom panel and the slam will split first then just tidy up what is left
was it like the one i fixed?
http://uk.y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ste_sa/vwp?.dir=/My+cars&.src=ph&.dnm=1998+-+Current.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//uk.y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ste_sa/lst%3f%26.dir=/My%2bcars%26.src=ph%26.view=t

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
19-06-01, 10:14 AM
Ste - very similar except he smashed his front bumper worse because it was fibre glass. I have just ordered a spot weld drill bit, ?7 !!!!! It had better not snap !

Anonymous
19-06-01, 11:57 AM
lol only reason the bumpers not busted on that gsi is cause it hit the back of a truck

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
20-06-01, 12:29 AM
Ouch!
Is that Helious Blue or is it Silver?

Anonymous
20-06-01, 08:58 AM
silver with a blue sky
helious is mega rare!!!