PDA

View Full Version : fuel sender thingy

Anonymous
15-06-01, 07:22 PM
my fuel sender has been broken off , long story, and i think the wires are fucked, so does anyone know how too fit a new one, what about the wires and how much do they cost, last thing i promise, is not having a fuel sender a MOT subject?

many many thanks in advance

john :D

Anonymous
15-06-01, 08:26 PM
Fuel sender is not a part of the mot so your ok there. I think on mk1`s it`s under the tank, bolted on with a plate; so u`ll have to drain the tank and snap all the bolts off! On mk2`s it`s under the rear seats? so a lot easier to replace. Don`t quote me on any of the above but it`s a guide to start looking. :)

Anonymous
16-06-01, 02:10 PM
lol there a good luagh to replace

drain the tank first dont do what i did and think that theres not much petrol in the tank

coz i took mine out and got a face full ov 4 star

was funny but scarey coz my dad had out sum petrol in the car and not told me when he borrowd it

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
16-06-01, 04:13 PM
its at the bach of the tank, but its a mk2. Mind you this car has been in a 'bit' of a crash b4 i owned it. NEway, does it just unbolt or do you need to do sumthing else? how much is a new 1?

Anonymous
16-06-01, 07:02 PM
You`ll have to unplug it as well as unbolt it. Try your local vaux dealer for a new price and defo get a new seal before you replace it! (or go to your local scrappie, shouldn`t be more than a tenner):)

Anonymous
16-06-01, 07:17 PM
I ran my tank low and then jacked the back right up to make sure n e petrol was out of the way. On my MK11 you turn the whole unit
anticlockwise to release it as it isn't bolted. I used some adjustable pipe pliers which open up enuff to grip the unit properly.
The new unit supplied might not register properly. I suspect that the float and arm ride too high in the Nova tank and tend to show it overful all the time. I'm not sure about this however.

Anonymous
17-06-01, 11:33 AM
one more thing, if you'd be so kind. are they the same on all cars or do i need one off a 1 litre ?? Thanks for your help lads

Anonymous
17-06-01, 06:58 PM
yeah everytime i have done one (about 3 times) the fuel gauge has always been off afterwards

(maybe there unacurate or just get bent or summit when there getting deliverd to dealers)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
18-06-01, 09:08 AM
they are all in the tank in the back
gte/gsi/sri ones are bolted in
ones with swirl pots are different (1.2i/1.4spi/d/td)

so 3 kinds
std non inj
bolt on gte/gsi/sri
swirl pot 1.2i/1.4spi/d/td

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---