PDA

View Full Version : Steering/Suspension Problem

Fade Out
02-01-07, 05:13 PM
Hi all,
First post!, bought a nova to run about in for a while, The other night i managed to bump up on a kerb and managed to take out a plastic bollard lol oops. The steering went nuts, was pulling all over the place, I looked at it today and discovered the wheel was buckled so put another wheel on, its a good bit better but im still getting a sorta metal scraping metal noise when turning and the steering feels abit light. I checked the ball joint, Anti Roll Bar, Suspension arm etc and could see nothing wrong. What else could it be?:confused:
Thanks
Martin

chimp007_uk
02-01-07, 05:43 PM
hub or driveshaft? could be rubbing

Fade Out
02-01-07, 06:10 PM
Could be the driveshaft rubbing, what causes that?

Karl M
02-01-07, 06:22 PM
You mounting the kerb lol

LUV2XLR8
02-01-07, 06:25 PM
could be many things, lower arm , track rod, drive shaft ^, damaged the hub loads mate. shouldnt be too hard to fix whatever it is ;)

Fade Out
02-01-07, 11:00 PM
You mounting the kerb lol
haha shut up lol

Il have another good look at it tommorow and try n sort it out!.

Novasport
02-01-07, 11:05 PM
Dont forget the simple things! Check the brake disc shield, its only tin so can easily get pushed against the disc causing a scraping. Its easily bent back.
Might not be it but worth a look.
Light steering feel could be incorrect tyre pressure and you may have knocked the tracking out.

Rich
02-01-07, 11:43 PM
Checked the gap between the arch/wheel each side? make sure its even on both sides of the car

Karl M
03-01-07, 12:28 PM
Properly your best bet is to pop it down to a tyre/exhaust garage and tell them you want it laser tracked and if anything is bent they will soon tell you hoping for the business just don't use kwik fit lol good luck Karl :thumb:

Stuart
03-01-07, 12:35 PM
years and years ago i spun mine on a patch of diesel and had a similar "random" steering issue, turne dout to be a) buckled wheel and b.) a bent TCA. Both V cheap and easy to fix. plus get your tracking checked after the fix.