PDA

View Full Version : Found my car on here!

white2lSR
02-01-07, 05:05 PM
just been having a look at the pics of members cars and spotted my car 2 owners ago.
http://www.novaload.net/forum/viewfeaturecar.php?ref=2168
it was sold to a lad near me who never even had it on the road! just sat in his drive for 6 months!
he was skint and a week later i was the prowd owner of a mint 1.3sr! took it for an mot and it flew through, then i had it machine polished and now it is stunning. only plans are to wax oil it and fit the XE ive just baught.

Stanley
02-01-07, 05:15 PM
Im mates with Simon who used to own that!!

Awesome wee thing - MINT

Please dont XE it!!!!!

Keep it original cause its a tidy wee car like - Mucho Respecto!:thumb:

draper
02-01-07, 05:18 PM
was this for sale a few years ago down london way ??

white2lSR
02-01-07, 05:27 PM
ive been wanting to XE a nova for years but never found a sound car to do it. But now i have!
the fella that MOT'd it said it was just as clean underneeth as well.
its the only thing that needs improving on the car. I sold the carbs which payed for the XE. I think i might try and upgrade the sr brakes best i can then i can keep the 13" steels. i love the look of it now.

sri_boi
02-01-07, 05:28 PM
looks well clean that.....

what prices has it been sold for in past?

craig green
02-01-07, 05:28 PM
Yes, that needs to be preserved as a std example.

I think that exact model is the finest looking sporty Nova made (excl hubcaps maybe)

If you have to XE it, please pull out all the stops in order to have a really neat conversion. (no beating the chassis leg with a hammer nonsense).

Or sell it to me (cotton wool at the ready)

redrocket
02-01-07, 05:35 PM
looks very clean mate,if you do xe it do it right and dont bodge it lol

matthew172
02-01-07, 05:40 PM
ill help u xe it if u want, done plenty of them before lol

white2lSR
02-01-07, 05:50 PM
i paid ?750 for it, then sold the carbs and maifold for ?265- so its cost me ?485, not bad really!
but on a down side the radio dosnt work, so im on the lookout for an origional one!

SRlew
02-01-07, 05:52 PM
um!! i personaly wouldnt xe a car like that! i wanna buy one like that and just put carbs etc on it!

does look well nice though!!

Adam
02-01-07, 06:10 PM
It should be left exactly as it is on that feature.
Mint.

With amber indicators and the t40s etc.

sri_boi
02-01-07, 07:10 PM
sell it me!! lol.....

i would keep it original on the outside....but underneath full chrome engine bay...coilovers etc.....

but i wouldnt have sold the t40s mate.....no chance!

white2lSR
02-01-07, 08:14 PM
you would if you had driven it, even after it was rolling road tuned it was crap. used loads of fuel, and was a pain to start. 150miles to a tank of fuel! not worth it. oh but it did sound good!

Stuart
02-01-07, 08:21 PM
you took it to a bad RR then....

white2lSR
02-01-07, 08:25 PM
ive noticed that all your posts are negative, dosnt matter what its about, you always put something negative. You suffering from depression?

Jack
02-01-07, 08:29 PM
Stuart is Mr Negativity lol

Stuart
02-01-07, 08:30 PM
no i see that "fact" is taken as a negative thing lol....

If you took it to a RR to have it setup and it still drove badly and drank fuel like no tomorrow then clearly it wasnt setup corretly..... yes thats a negative comment but its a factual one..... had you said "it ran bad then took it to a RR and it ran sweet" then thats a good thing...

dont want to start an argument, im not depressed, just been around for a bit and appreciate reality ...

Dave
02-01-07, 08:32 PM
i've got an original stereo somewhere
an xe with standard brakes........MY GOD and good luck!

white2lSR
02-01-07, 08:40 PM
it was like a dream when i got it back from the RR but i didnt like the way it drove really lumpy round town. And anything with twin carbs on drinks fuel like its going out of fasion!
on the RR it was putting out 84BHP! a whole 9BHP up on standard.

DIB
02-01-07, 09:02 PM
Get some fresh pics up of it :) will be a shame to XE it, but its your motor so do as you please :)

c'2.0lrt
02-01-07, 09:45 PM
xe it mate if its as clean as you say it will look even better,but i'd go bigger on the brakes. very nice

draper
02-01-07, 10:52 PM
no i see that "fact" is taken as a negative thing lol....

If you took it to a RR to have it setup and it still drove badly and drank fuel like no tomorrow then clearly it wasnt setup corretly..... yes thats a negative comment but its a factual one..... had you said "it ran bad then took it to a RR and it ran sweet" then thats a good thing...

dont want to start an argument, im not depressed, just been around for a bit and appreciate reality ...

you'd still say rr are inacurate lol

matthew172
03-01-07, 11:08 AM
why are ppl saying leave it standard?? fcuk that get an xe in it i mean thats why most people look for a clean one.....to xe it, it would be no good buying a rotter to xe would it??

JSeymour
03-01-07, 11:56 AM
why are ppl saying leave it standard?? fcuk that get an xe in it i mean thats why most people look for a clean one.....to xe it, it would be no good buying a rotter to xe would it??

good point, you dont see many mk1 xe's so i say do it. the cleaner the better

Matt2107
03-01-07, 12:31 PM
Good buy... Don't be too hasty... make sure you've definately made up your mind before going down the XE route. Either way its up to you.

Pm'd you about an original Vaux stereo ;)