PDA

View Full Version : Ecotech

Anonymous
10-01-02, 12:10 PM
Is the ecotec device worth fitting. I have heard that as well as improve emmisions and fuel consumption it also improves power. Is this true?

Anonymous
10-01-02, 12:42 PM
I've got one. fuel is better, takes out flat spots but no change in power that i can feel. Can't be used on carb SR's 1.2's etc unless you tap the inlet mainfold, but fine for injection models.

Anonymous
10-01-02, 02:49 PM
eh? why cant u use it on sr's?
i dont see the problem. the inlet is already tapped m8. how the hell do ya think the brake servo gets a vacuum?

Anonymous
10-01-02, 05:00 PM
i thought they worked ov the brake vacum tube anyway?

anyways

why bother buying complete "wonder" shite
save your money for proper mods like heads/cams etc etc

the "wonder" shite is a complete waste of time

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
10-01-02, 05:21 PM
u can use them on sr's cause i ad one but sent it bak cause it was shite. A true gimick, yes the go on the vacuum pipe which screws into the inlet

Anonymous
10-01-02, 06:16 PM
they dont improve power, they just induce turbulence which cases a more complete burn in the combstion chamber hence slightly better fuel economy

"I'm a junky with a monkey"

Anonymous
10-01-02, 07:30 PM
u fag burrows u were wrong!!! he he as the man says stick 2 big boyz mods!!

2002 the year of the "race":p

Anonymous
11-01-02, 02:39 AM
You can fit 'em to 1.2's 1.3's and 1.4's but they don't work properly on 'em since they only induce the extra turbulence at that end of the inlet manifold, i.e. at cylinder 4 where the servo pipe attaches.
Therefore, it only has an effect on cylinder 4, and maybe some on number 3, but cylinders 1 and 2 feel no (or extremely little) extra turbulence.
It MUST be tapped into the inlet manifold to work on a 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4 carbed Nova.

If you read the information on the Ecotec site, it explains all this.

Anonymous
11-01-02, 08:41 AM
Thanks rich.dale, Thats the reason i said they can't be used on SR's.
When i had a carb SR, I phoned a bloke at ecotec and he said it could damage no. 4 cylinder cause it would be running far to lean, and you would get little or no advantages. Injection mainfolds are fine because the brake servo goes in on the main part of the mainfold.
I do about 200-400 miles a week in my GTE, so i've found it's paid for itself in fuel savings.
thanks for the advice, dan 'i can't use a spanner' SRboy.

Anonymous
11-01-02, 03:36 PM
Just out of interest, I have heard that the Ecotek device makes a really loud rasping noise, which can be heard from inside and outside the car. Is this true?

Anonymous
11-01-02, 04:37 PM
anyways

u dont mod novas to make them better on the old MPG

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
12-01-02, 05:03 PM
ive got one i thought it werent too bad, saves petrol if you do a lot of miles, it does make a funny noise though but you cant really hear it over an exhaust and filter.