PDA

View Full Version : avo suspension

Ash C
01-01-07, 02:31 PM
i was wondering if the avo coilovers would be the best for track day use with a bit of road use? im not too bothered about road use as this wont be my daily driver. and where would be the best place to get it??

Adam
01-01-07, 04:01 PM
If your not too bothered about height adjustment, you might as well get a good shock/spring setup, the Blistein tarmac kit with the larger shock pistons...

Chris Astley
01-01-07, 05:10 PM
Height adjustment is seriously over rated, i think its more pub talk thing than anything! There is a lot to be said for a set of bilstein B8 shocks(yellows) with some proper springs.

Chris

welsh_roadrally
01-01-07, 05:15 PM
Height adjustment is seriously over rated, i think its more pub talk thing than anything! There is a lot to be said for a set of bilstein B8 shocks(yellows) with some proper springs.

Chris
:thumb:

Ash C
02-01-07, 06:19 PM
thanks. what springs would u put with the bilstien b8 shocks then??

Nova_Tek
02-01-07, 07:06 PM
If I had a nice wad of cash to blow on top notch springs and dampers id go for the H&R Cup kit. Have heard real good things about these springs from mates.

The cost in the region of ?350 for the suspension kit.

Ash C
02-01-07, 07:37 PM
where could i buy the h&r cup kit from then?? ive been searching for ages for loads of diffrent kits and cant make my mind up were to get them from and what to buy?? ive about 400 - 500 to spend, oh and its a sri.

Nova_Tek
02-01-07, 08:21 PM
I have seen them for sale on this site:

http://www.performancecentre.co.uk/p/sv_pl.asp?VC=VXNOV01&PTC=SUH04

If you want info then the main H&R site should help

http://www.hrsprings.com/site/index.html

I am going to be ordering the H&R Sport spring kit this week. reason is I am on a not so big budget and I'll be pairing it up with KYB shocks. But if I personally had 400quid to spend id go for these.

Novasport
02-01-07, 10:45 PM
The best damper & spring setup imo are Bilstein Cup(Yellows) with Eibach Pro-kit -30mm springs. You can still get the shockers but the springs are no longer made but you might find some if you're lucky.
I will be running Irmscher Bilstein Cups with Pro-kit springs which I had to source from Germany. I think the Eibach -60mm springs are still readily available.

Chris
02-01-07, 11:34 PM
I would either go for the bilstein or H&R cup kits.

**** coilovers unless you are spending decent money, then putting the same into mounts and decent geometry setup. Coilovers are worth nothing unless setup properly apart from pub talk.

Nova_Tek
03-01-07, 12:05 AM
The best damper & spring setup imo are Bilstein Cup(Yellows) with Eibach Pro-kit -30mm springs. You can still get the shockers but the springs are no longer made but you might find some if you're lucky.
I will be running Irmscher Bilstein Cups with Pro-kit springs which I had to source from Germany. I think the Eibach -60mm springs are still readily available.

That is another top choice, I was gona go for the Eibach prokit but hard to get hold of em. So my second choice is H&R.

Bilstein dampers, Eibach kit or H&R is what I'd go for.

craig green
03-01-07, 12:49 PM
I had H&R stuff on my Cav GSi & it did handle very well.

Ive got AVO coilovers on my Nova however.

Ash C
03-01-07, 05:46 PM
thanks lads! think im going to get the h & r cup kit. seems to have good reviews and would suit it best i think.