PDA

View Full Version : will this half cage fit my nova?

SRlew
31-12-06, 04:47 PM
now then now then! my brother has had enough of his half cage that was in his xr2, and i was just woundering if it would fit mine? what you all think?

its got no diaganol etc, just more of a show one, but i wouldnt mind having it in for a bit just for a change like.

any opinions? cheers lew

chimp007_uk
31-12-06, 04:51 PM
try and fit it, could measure the fixing points of the cage and compare to the floorpan of the nova...

SRlew
01-01-07, 05:02 PM
yeh, iv left it to late again to go out and messure up etc, might just try and fit it tommorow then

chimp007_uk
01-01-07, 05:03 PM
take the front seats out is your best bet... i did get mine out without taking the seats the other day after i crashed it :( but it's a hell of a lot easier with them out!

SRlew
01-01-07, 05:05 PM
lol was bout to ask about the seats actually. yeh all take them out then. is it a quick/simple thing to fit? its not got a diaganol either

chimp007_uk
01-01-07, 05:17 PM
make some plates up, to go either side of the cage first (8plates, arch ones will need to be curved) and get bolts etc ready. i waxoyled them after as well, and double nutted the the bolts.

it's awkward in case it doesnt fit... best bet is to try and fit it, then go from there... obviously you'll need a 10.5mm drill if your using m10 bolts.

SRlew
01-01-07, 05:22 PM
not sure what size bolts i'll be using etc, its only like a show cage tho, so not to botherd if it doesnt fit lol

chimp007_uk
01-01-07, 05:23 PM
lol, not a fan myself... best to have it bolted in solidly though! you really wouldn't want to be smacked in the back of the head by it in a accident.

SRlew
01-01-07, 05:29 PM
yeh i'll still bolt it in like, will see what it looks like when in, i want a real one at some point anyway but it wont be for a while yet due to money. this one will just add a little to the inside of the car for the time being lol