PDA

View Full Version : central locking

chimp007_uk
31-12-06, 03:21 PM
right,
i'm looking for 1.2i to use until i can rebuild me gte engine and fit in the summer...
i have a cobra cat1 alarm and immobiliser thats wired into the central locking on my gte, and the guy who fitted it has offered to de-install and re-install into the 1.2i. obviously i need to fit the central locking first, how easy is it to install and wire up?

thanks all

chris

chimp007_uk
31-12-06, 05:04 PM
anyone? never fitted it to my old nova...

bump
31-12-06, 06:09 PM
Shouldn't be too bad, just strip out the acutators, loom, control box (behind glovebox IIRC), cable boots and switches.

On the 1.2 you'll need to remove the hole cover plates on both door and A pillar. Then refit in reverse of removal, the power is drawn form the blanks n the far right of the fusebox.

craig green
31-12-06, 06:27 PM
You will need the actuators located in the doors, the loom, & the control box. Its on the back of the parcel shelf under the passengers side dash. The loom for it plugs into the fuse box.

chimp007_uk
01-01-07, 04:55 PM
started taking the door solenoids out today, but the wiring is annoying me! found that one of the wires inside the car runs towards the back of the car!?! looks like i'm going to have to get under the carpet, anyone know where it goes? then another wire goes to the fuse box or so it seems and theres another set of wires and a white wire...

also, are the brackets that the solenoids mount to needed? or are they always fitted to nova's, as their rivetted in.

bump
01-01-07, 05:21 PM
You'll want the brackets, the wire from the fuse box is the +ve feed into the central locking and IIRC the earth is around the handbrake is area.

chimp007_uk
01-01-07, 05:24 PM
cheers! any idea what the white one might be? runs under the dash...

I HATE WIRING!

bump
01-01-07, 05:32 PM
I think the white one is the signal feed for the passenger side actuator.

Wirings not so bad, it's just getting at it that's a pain.

novaboy.p.
01-01-07, 10:50 PM
i wired a cobra alarm into my nova with central locking it might just be easyer to get some two wire central locking solenoids for a few quid and they wire straight into the alarm like thats what i did

chimp007_uk
02-01-07, 09:44 AM
i got to wire in the central locking to the new nova i get, then i'm having my cobra alarm removed from my gte and fitted to my new car for ?80.