PDA

View Full Version : Cavalier Probs

Dod
31-12-06, 12:21 PM
Yeah yeah i know!!!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Dods1/Pic021.jpg
Right, Mad Martys 16 SV Cav starts, idles and Runs 110% but when stopping for junctions etc the car wont idle and dies out straight away. When reving the car at a stop (When parked, not in Gear etc) and letting the Revs come down their selves its grand, idles beautifull. Any ideas what it could be? Has its National Car Test on Thursday

John
31-12-06, 12:45 PM
if it's a 16sv it's carb then yeah? if it's got a pieburg 2e3 then check to see if its got a float chamber, yellow in colour on the o/s of the carb. if so remove it/bypass it. check then if the gauze filter on the inlet side of the carb isn't getting blocked. it's in the bronze pice that the pipe slides over, you'll need a small hook tool to remove it. I'd check these first as it sounds like you have an fuel prob.

Dod
31-12-06, 02:22 PM
I actally dont think it is though, its been rebuilt and all in good shape and its only when coming to a hault throgh the gears it happens.

John
31-12-06, 02:30 PM
ok ok, only a suggestion, if you've rebuilt it and removed the yellow float chamber then check elswhere. i take it that you've checked the dizzy, amp, coil, leads? Have you trial fitted new ones of any of these? if so how does it run? I see many astra and cavs at work (im a vauxhall tecnician by trade) that exhibit said faults and basically it's a process of ilimination.

Saloony
31-12-06, 02:49 PM
Do what he said. DO IT GOD DAM YOU!!