PDA

View Full Version : Engine screwed??

Anonymous
25-11-01, 11:59 AM
Rite my engine i think is abity screwed. NAy one know whats up with it?? IT's a sri with high lift cam, 4 branch manifold,k+n, de catted and a tasilpipe. It does go as fast any more(gettin pumped by cars i could hammer before!(1.3 nova!!) and it drinks sooooooooo much fuel 280 miles to thirty quid.
Also it doesn't rev as high any more(only 6 thousand rather than 7 thousand and it bounces down very quickly whe it hits The limit!! I've been told sparks have been seen from my exhaust too. What the feck is up with this thing??

For Sale- 15" TSW Stealths Good tyres offers??
35mm offset.

Taxed,tested and insured.Go chase criminals

Anonymous
25-11-01, 01:18 PM
lol it's the std answer again!!
have u given it a service
new
leads
plugs
oil
oil filter
cap
arm
fuel filter
ecu reset
air filter

and check cambelt to see if has jumped a tooth or two (p.s. check auto tensioner too)

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
25-11-01, 02:14 PM
yeah but id on't really wanna spend money on it if it';s fucked. I can just get a new engine for it. SOmene said summit about compression rings springs r summit(note lack of tech knowledge!!)

35mm offset.

Anonymous
25-11-01, 03:22 PM
id say dizzy/sparkplugs.
i recent fixed a prob where it appeared the limiter was set at 5800, and lack of power. put my spare dizzy on, and it worked perfect
(ask paulrobo, it was his car, he will tell you how much difference it made)

Anonymous
25-11-01, 03:42 PM
280miles to 30quid! Your lucky m8!

Anonymous
25-11-01, 04:53 PM
I OWN A SRI AND I DONT GET ANYWHERE NEAR 280MILES 2 30QUID THAT IS GOOD MATE BUT IF U NEED A NEW ECU I HAVE A SPARE 1 4 SALE OFF A Kreg ;D

Anonymous
25-11-01, 07:39 PM
My old Sri did about 220 miles on ?30 so stop your moaning, and if you want a fast nova get a 2ltr, simple. Rick

They say "good things come to those who wait" and me and John have waited longer than most!

Anonymous
25-11-01, 09:32 PM
Ste's right. If you haven't done basic servicing to it, do some. This time of the year cold and damp get into the electrical systems in many ways which affects the running considerably. Cars like SRi's are particularly vulnerable to deterioration of electrical contacts. Get them checked out and serviced. Unless your car is burning oil (blue smoke) the chances are the engine isn't fucked at all.

Anonymous
26-11-01, 03:57 PM
fair enough. Cheers. It's goin in for a tune and engine diagnostic on friday then I'll get it all serviced. BTW 2 litrer novaas are fast but I can have my mates(if i ever get near him!!) in the corners. They don't handle!!!!

35mm offset.

Anonymous
27-11-01, 01:00 AM
the lad asked for advice rick and u told him to stop moaning.

Micky@novaload.net :)