PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank filler neck Q

craig green
30-12-06, 02:52 PM
In the filler neck to my GSi fuel tank is a plastic claw type device with a ball. This is meant to stop fuel splashing back up the filler neck etc.

However the ball has dropped into my tank & I want to know if I can remove the claw part from the filler neck?

I dont want to force it or break it. Are these seperate on EPC?

benny f gsi,n it
30-12-06, 03:29 PM
i think i may have a simular problem as mine is abit stiff and wont allow petrol to be forced down the filler neck unless its a trickle, can you get new ones or can you remove them?
Many thanks
Ben

R1CH
30-12-06, 05:17 PM
Yes you can, i removed mine without any probs, think i just stuck a small screw driver between the tank & claw thing and just kinda levered it out.
Your gonna have to get the ball out some how as well ? could be ball block the fuel pick up ?

Rich

Novasport
30-12-06, 05:56 PM
I think thats the anti syphon device so can be binned.
You can just push ball out and leave claw bit in tank

craig green
30-12-06, 08:28 PM
The issue is the ball has got pushed into the tank & I want it out obviously.

Thinking about it like that, I guess I can just rip it out & shake the ball out. If it comes off without cracking or snapping it can go back on otherwise.... borrox to it!

Lee
30-12-06, 08:44 PM
If youve got the tank off Craig, just remove the sender unit, and then play your own little game of 'Crystal maze'. You should be able to roll the ball around till you can grab it through the hole!