PDA

View Full Version : 1986 nova hutchinsons convertible.

John
30-12-06, 09:19 AM
For sale; (regrettably),
1986 vauxhall nova genuine huthchinsons convertible. Believed to be one of only 200 ever produced. White in colour. I purchased this car from a previous vccc member last january with the intention of restoring to roadgoing condition, but due to a change in circumstances (eg a new baby) and my ongoing nova sport restoration, i now no longer have the time to finish it off.
When i bought the car, the roof was in a bad state, but i have since purchased a very, very good condition second hand item from e-bay, which unfortuanately i haven't had time to fit. i have done some small amounts of welding to the vehicle, eg os front inner arch and n/s lower 1/4 panel ( fitted with new vauxhall panel but not painted) The o/s lower 1/4 panel still needs repairing, but thats all the welding i'm aware that it needs for mot. It has not been mot'd since march 2001, so will need things like the brakes etc sorting too. The sidestripes have aslo been removed, highlighting a previous lower half respray, so this will need sorting too.
As the roof condition was poor the interior had suffered badly, so i have purchased a very good condition complete gte interior which will be included in the sale. Also included is a 5 speed box from a corsa. ( both currently not fitted) It currently has gte alloys (not shown in the pics) with excellent tyres which will be include in the sale at an EXTRA cost of 40 quid. There's a file full of info to go with it and an original sales leaflet. It even has the original tonneau cover and window bag.
please be aware that this is no concours machine, so i'm advertising this as needing restoration. It would even be ideal as a donor for another project, or convert your tidy 3 door saloon! I would love this to go to someone with the time and enthusiasm to finish it properly, which i sadly do not have. If i can't sell on here or other related forums i'll put it on e-bay for the muppets and chavs to have a go at with a quid start, which i really don't want to happen. therefore i'm pricing it realistically at oiro 350 quid. Buyer must collect with their trailer as it's not currently roadworthy.
more info and current pics can be forwarded on request.

http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1030341hv3.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1030342jz8.jpg

Saloony
30-12-06, 03:27 PM
If only you were closer:cry: It would of been sold by now:(

John
30-12-06, 05:31 PM
If only you were closer:cry: It would of been sold by now:(

Come and get it you bad assed southamptoner!!! Ps having a clear out, irmscher injection possibly for sale too, get in touch!

General Baxter
31-12-06, 01:22 AM
if i can sell my pick up shell, i think i might have to come and have a butches!

I would love this to go to someone with the time and enthusiasm to finish it properly,
alltho that puts me ****e out of luck lol

Green16v
31-12-06, 10:33 AM
Tempted can i come and look at it? PM me

General Baxter
31-12-06, 11:06 AM
Tempted can i come and look at it? PM me

no due to iv got a let engine begging for that lol

John
09-01-07, 07:51 PM
Bump! Need this going asap, no sensible offer refused!

John
12-03-07, 08:08 PM
Still got this, (yawn) no one fancy a laugh for summer??!

Dave.
12-03-07, 09:39 PM
how much cash?

John
12-03-07, 10:21 PM
How much cash have you got Lol!

John
13-03-07, 10:45 PM
Bttt

gunny
19-03-07, 06:46 PM
have u still got the car??

John
19-03-07, 10:37 PM
Yep!

gunny
20-03-07, 12:10 AM
can you send some more detailed, later pics to daynegunn@hotmail.com please? and what work do you know is needed fr mot other than the welding and brakes? thanks :D

John
20-03-07, 07:46 PM
Will do at the weekend. I don't know what else it needs without putting it in for a test, other than stuff mentioned and an exhaust. Cheers, john

ste porter
29-03-07, 02:35 AM
how recent are those pics whats the rust like on body work under bonnet ect whats your post code and when is best for me to view? also would you take offence if i said i want to xe it with boddies?

John
29-03-07, 10:51 PM
how recent are those pics whats the rust like on body work under bonnet ect whats your post code and when is best for me to view? also would you take offence if i said i want to xe it with boddies?

Hi mate, photos are from summer last year, it's exactly the same as it was then though, only it's inside, under an ever growing pile of nova bits Lol! There is some rust here and there, mainly scabs on the outer bodywork (and the afore mentioned hole below the rear bumper o/s) it's just a bit scabby under the bonnet too, the battery tray has previously been welded. i guess if you're gonna do it as a project you're gonna respray it anyway?
No i wouldn't take offence, if was gonna keep it i'd probably xe it myself!lol

If you're interested i will do my best to get some decent pics uploaded this weekend. Cheers, john.

gunny
10-06-07, 11:20 PM
still got the car mate?

John
11-06-07, 09:13 PM
yep.