PDA

View Full Version : Spraying Alloys

Anonymous
02-09-01, 05:28 PM
Any idea if you can spray your alloys like a charcoal colour (similar to the nova featured in Total Vauxhall mag) or will it just appear down right stoopid and tacky? Can you buy charcoal coloured alloys that are vauxhall ones? It would just be easier if i could spray em cus it'll look mint on me black nova. cheers.

Anonymous
02-09-01, 06:11 PM
you could spray it, but it would look tacky and wouldnt last very long. the best thing to do is look into powder coating, it costs abit but you usualy get very good results. im not sure, but i think you may be able to to get the powder tinted to a charcoal colour. best thing to do is go to an alloy restorer, the can advise you on the finishes avaliable.
hope this helps, as you can tell i dont know much on this topic.

Anonymous
02-09-01, 07:46 PM
the colour is antracite and it looks teh dogs bits! you need lots of paint to get a nice thick coat and then to cover it in lots of laquer(alloys usually come laquered anyway so that will do) my mate was quoted ?100 for gettin 4 15" alloys done like manta ones (coz he has a manta) so paint works and stays, unless its a crap job

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
11-09-01, 01:08 AM
I've been considering doing my wheels anthracite.....I just happen to have a can in the garage, and an old spare alloy round the back of the hut....guess what I did!

Gave it a go of course....don't want to go trying it on my decent alloys :O So far, it looks mint but I've not lacquered it yet, plus only half the wheel is done...a quarter is gloss black and the other quarter is mirror-polished....both other experiments..can't decide which to go for!