PDA

View Full Version : XE and LET differences

atokley
29-12-06, 05:00 PM
Hello,

At the minute im contemplating whether to turbo my xe or go trottle boddies.....

Just wondering what differences are there between the xe and let engines internally (valves, cams, pistons, rods etc.) and what differeces are there wiring wise(adding sensors, wires and changing ecu, or is it just a case of putting on the turbo, oil feds, intercooler etc etc and plugging in a let ecu)?

The XE engine i have is one with distrubutor style ignition.

Thanks!

Philsutton
29-12-06, 06:03 PM
The block itself is different, i.e it has an oil return in it for the turbo so yuo would have to drill an tap that into your xe one. Only thing different top end is the valve springs and cams as far as im aware, the pistons are different but the conrods ect.. are the same

Adam
29-12-06, 06:14 PM
Loom is different too.

Philsutton
29-12-06, 06:20 PM
lol yeah that as well and ecu

atokley
30-12-06, 12:46 PM
Sounds like a bit of effort! didnt think the loom would be that different. Think i will just TB it as its going to be my track car anyway.

Cheers for the help guys

draper
30-12-06, 04:05 PM
just buy a LET if you want turbo ???

atokley
31-12-06, 03:06 AM
just buy a LET if you want turbo ???

dont want to have to fork out for another engine, as i said this is a trackday car on a reasonable budget, all my money at the minute is going into savings for the 400bhp, 800kg monster i want to be getting in the summer

Philsutton
31-12-06, 11:57 AM
trust me it will cost the same to source all the bits to build a turbo xe, and then some machining. If you want a turbo buy a LET, and you will need nitrous to 400bhp fairly cheap.

atokley
01-01-07, 04:58 PM
trust me it will cost the same to source all the bits to build a turbo xe, and then some machining. If you want a turbo buy a LET, and you will need nitrous to 400bhp fairly cheap.

Think you missread my post phil, im just going to TB the nova becuase i have a good head, cams, exhaust etc for an xe but would have to fork out more than i first thought to turbo it and its only going to be my track car........

The 400bhp comment was about my daily driver that i plan to get in the summer that im saving for, not a vauxhall, another Honda