PDA

View Full Version : Earthing Problem

Nobby
29-12-06, 01:44 PM
Sound all might be barking up the wrong tree but ive got a earthing problem and was just wondering if any one has had the same problems and what bad earth it was before i go and look at every other earth on my car lol.

well the front n/s sidelight keeps blowing and when i put the brake on the o/s sidelight comes on and the n/s brakelight come on dull

anyone had the same problem??:thumb:

Bouch
30-12-06, 07:22 AM
The quickest way to find out chap is to break into the bunch if browns that come from the back of the light with a small lenght of cable, with a ring crimp on the end of it, and self tapper it straight to the body.

craig green
30-12-06, 02:49 PM
Or just clean up the earthing point on the passenger chassis leg under the bonnet. Clean the brown ring terminal & rub back the patch of chassis leg to bare metal, for how cheap it is buy a new earth strap for the gearbox to chassis leg & refit them all bare-metal clean.

Novasport
30-12-06, 06:03 PM
That strap is only really for the engine electrics.
Check for any corrosion etc on bulb holders & earthing point for front & rear lights, rear is on inside of back panel under boot latch(Earths are brown).
Does it have anything aftermarket wired in like a towbar or high level brake light, if so check the wiring or the remainder of any wiring, usually made obvious by scotch locks.
Also check bulbs are correct type, wattage & fitted correctly