PDA

View Full Version : How low?

Anonymous
12-10-00, 09:45 AM
Would i have any trouble with an F reg 1.3 sr lowered 60mm on springs, with the arches grinded with Astra GTE 14" rims? I read Micky's post the other day and after reading it, i'll probably leave the original "shitty foam" bump stops in to soften the ride up a bit. Do u rekon I?ll have many probs with the suspension bottoming out etc if I?m careful?

And finally?will I need a strut brace to keep everything in place or should I get away with it? If I do need one, where can I get a cheap one from, and how hard are they to fit?

Cheers Novaboys?

Ged

Anonymous
12-10-00, 10:50 AM
You wont have any trouble if you have cut the arches and you replace the shocks, my 1.4sr is dropped 60mm on 15's with the arches cut and mine only rub a bit if ive got 2 fat cunts in the back of my car. As for strut braces, I wouldn't waste your money they look good but they don't do fuck all.

Anonymous
12-10-00, 11:20 AM
I'd say get a strut brace. if your lowering your car 60mm, the body of the car will take a right battering. I would at least put one on the front. You can pick one up for around ?40.

Anonymous
12-10-00, 06:17 PM
If you lower it 60, you`ll be sat on the bumpstops. Out of experience I`d recommend -40, it just depends how mych comfort you like and the road condition around your area. I`m on -60 with 17`s at the mo, and to be honest the ride is beginning to piss me off a bit, you pays yer money and takes yer choice!