PDA

View Full Version : induction kit

Novadex
28-12-06, 10:34 PM
im buying a new kit, just wonderd if anyone had any recormendations?
thanx :thumb:

welsh_roadrally
29-12-06, 05:46 AM
Once upon a time i used to buy the proper induction kits for cars i owned(Corsa Sport Piper-X)(Nova SRi K&N)(205 GTi K&N)(Vectra SRi Piper-X)e.t.c e.t.c but now i just use these: ebay:110072506042
I've bought quite a few of these and at ?12.49 inc p+p very easy to sell on down the pub for ?20:thumb:
The way i see it is if you are prepared to spend maybe a bit longer making it fitlol for that money you can throw them away when they get dirty and get another one making them a servicable part like air filters are suposed to be:thumb:

ellwood
29-12-06, 07:29 AM
ive never gone wrong with k&n had them on most of my cars with no problems

Jack
29-12-06, 10:08 AM
Once upon a time i used to buy the proper induction kits for cars i owned(Corsa Sport Piper-X)(Nova SRi K&N)(205 GTi K&N)(Vectra SRi Piper-X)e.t.c e.t.c but now i just use these: ebay:110072506042
There was me thinking that was going to be an ebay resistor mod lol

Looks a lot like my Apexi air filter. Doesn't give much in the way of power gains - and bear in mind I've got ~240bhp to begin with - but I bought it for the good filtration. Stick one of them on a hoover and see how good it is... 'tis noisy though lol

Adam
29-12-06, 03:50 PM
Just buy the cheapest air filter cone you can find on ebay.
I got one for about a tenner.

No point buying a induction "kit" as it it will cost a lot more.

rc
29-12-06, 03:54 PM
i got k&n 57i on my gsi! looks the part aswel!

Nobby
29-12-06, 04:13 PM
i dont think they do anything on cars tbh i had one on my old rover 214sei 16v but it was tiny and restricted it if anything and it revved alot better with the standard airbox (i know its not a nova but hey) lol tbh if you want the inductio roar and the look get one but ive heard that drill the air box (old skool chav) ;) and get the K'n'N replacment filter?? is the best way??

Chunky Lover
01-01-07, 06:50 PM
K&N are great works a treat on my SR and dead easy to clean.And if your after a bit more cool air just vent it from the grille intake. didn really fidn it that neccasary tho on a wee 1400.