PDA

View Full Version : LCD TV Advise

Nova_Tek
26-12-06, 05:26 PM
Looking to buy a LCD TV to conect my XBox 360 to and possibly PC to.

Im on a tight budget due it beging the season of giving lol.

I have come across this LCD TV but it says it has a NTSC tuner.

http://www.bizrate.co.uk/televisions/bush-lcd27tv005-27-in-lcd-tv--pid501518491/information.html

Will this work over here? Again its going to be permanently connected to an XBox 360.

Please help :thumb:

Adam
26-12-06, 05:35 PM
Not sure if its any good, but that looks a right bargain.

Glengy
26-12-06, 05:39 PM
it should work as its from a uk site. but its not available for that price if you click its 420 quid so that site is wrong.

Nova_Tek
26-12-06, 05:42 PM
I believe thats abother model mate ends in 006 on that site. Mite have to give them a ring tomorrow.

If its that price then I know what im getting.

According to reviews in other sites its a good tv and works in the UK.

Stuart
26-12-06, 07:34 PM
imho there is no point buying a cheap LCD that isnt HD compatable (or is below 30")
Grin and bear your current TV until aobut 6 months time as that will give you tiem to save more cash, plus the current 32"+ pannels will drop in price by then....

I mean my 32" samsung LCD was ?750 2.5 months ago and its already down to ?600.... (total bargin at that price)

db_1.2
26-12-06, 08:55 PM
IMO the best for quality i have EVER seen (and i have seen a few, family are electronic nuts) and the best i seen, maybe not for money but quality was panosonic one in a flash cafe somewhere.

In all honesty you get what you pay for, so dont go crying when you buy a cr*p tv for naff all, believe me i been there!

Nova_Tek
26-12-06, 09:59 PM
Reason why Im going for the option of a cheap LCD TV is coz its not going in the living room or anything infact its going in my bro's room which is small to say the least.

His PC montior isnt the best so he wants something which will do both a PC monitor and a consol screen 23 - 27 inch is big enough and considering he needs to fit it under a bunk bed and on his PC desk is another reason.

if it was to be downstairs for viewing all the time then yeh id be looking for something top notch.

14" CRT is what he currently uses the XBox 360 with, nighmare in split screen mode. :)

:thumb:

Stuart
26-12-06, 11:02 PM
the samsung 23-27" beasties are still coming down in price.. currently at about ?350ish but dropping weekly ;) they are the dogs bits imho as are the sony bravias (but they look gash as a unit lol)

Nova_Tek
26-12-06, 11:11 PM
Yeh Found the samsung 19" for 240. But after seeing it in the shops its a bit too small. I do like the 23" version and it has all the goodies built into it. Still a bit out my price range but many shops have the 23" version linked to the XBox 360 so Im assuming they are one of the best.

Like you said they look sweet.

Hopefully tehy go down a bit more in the Jan sales

Lee
27-12-06, 10:16 AM
Yup, that should work fine for what you want.

Bear in mind though i dont see a 15 pin VGA input listed for the PC, might be worth putting a call in before buying.

Like stu said, keep an eye on the sales, some bargains will appear soon, especially screens that arnt 1080 compatible lol

Matt2107
27-12-06, 12:01 PM
I mean my 32" samsung LCD was ?750 2.5 months ago and its already down to ?600.... (total bargin at that price)

Me and the gf went LCD shopping before christmas.

We weren't that impressed with the Samsung 32" if its the same one I'm thinking of. (my brother has the 40" version)

We walked away with a 32" LG screen that to be quite honest I've been blown away by.... I can't think of one reason to fault it.

Stuart
27-12-06, 12:13 PM
R74,,, i like it

Lucky Luke!
27-12-06, 04:56 PM
NTSC wont work in uk if your using it as a tv as well.

TBH its pretty rubbish really, you wont get what you want out of it. Pana 26" is my recommendation.

Adam
27-12-06, 05:30 PM
As BT says, that doesn't have a VGA or Digital PC video input so wont work for PC....

Theres a cheap 32" LCD in woolworths,Lol.
Cheap yeah, but specs quite good, HD ready/HDMI input etc.
And its ?399

The price for that Bush one is incorrect.

Why not look at something like a 19" widescreen lcd pc monitor if your short on space? You can pick them up for about ?130

Lee
27-12-06, 07:22 PM
NTSC wont work in uk if your using it as a tv as well.

TBH its pretty rubbish really, you wont get what you want out of it. Pana 26" is my recommendation.

An NTSC telly will quite happily play PAL sources, as well as british telly. Its just not backwards compatible. NTSC players will play black and white on PAL tellys, thats if your lucky enough to get a picture at all lol

womble sri
27-12-06, 07:34 PM
[quote=Stuart
I mean my 32" samsung LCD was ?750 2.5 months ago and its already down to ?600.... (total bargin at that price)[/quote]

my little bro bought a samsung one 32" roughly the same price so i presume the same model. its 600 now i was going to buy the 28" version as i think they pixilate too much if you dont run an hd channel but it is ace on the 360. i decided to buy a 360 as the tvs are gonna plumet in price because there is gonna be a new version or something. as for these budget tvs i dont think there worth buying as we had a phillips and sent it back as it was crap and my auntie has the sony vega which again is crap. my mate has just had a gym built and has got the 40" samsung one with sky hd and that is something else. so i reckon best bet is save up and buy a samsung or wait till the price meets your budget.

Lee
27-12-06, 07:42 PM
If your going to be buying any new telly, it needs to be at least 1080i, or better still 1080p. Anything under that is a waste of money TBH, as it will be useless in a few years.

Matt2107
29-12-06, 11:03 AM
Also don't go for a massive screen if you have a ****ty small room..... 2.5 times the diagonal is the correct viewing distance i think.